Texas Fishing Forum

figuring out the value of a boat

Posted By: MidlothianFisherDad

figuring out the value of a boat - 04/16/15 05:11 PM

I realize there are a TON of variables that come into play, which is why I'm hoping someone can reco an honest expert or at least someone with more knowledge of old fiberglass boats than I have.

What I have is a 1970 Geneva Windsor with what I think is a 1969 Kiekhaefer Mercury 650 inherited from my grandfather, who'd be the first one to tell me to sell it to someone who'll use it since I don't have time to.

I don't even know where to begin figuring out how to value it since I can find very little information about these boats online.

Posted By: HasBen

Re: figuring out the value of a boat - 04/16/15 05:49 PM

I guess the first question would be, do you have a current title for the boat in your name? Everything else will depend on that.

Re: figuring out the value of a boat - 04/16/15 07:20 PM

Yes. I do.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: figuring out the value of a boat - 04/16/15 07:49 PM

I doubt if it has much value around here, but there seems to be a little interest in these old boats up north where they were built. I did find this.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Geneva

Re: figuring out the value of a boat - 04/16/15 07:59 PM

Yep. I found that, too. Good to know about preferences in TX. I realize it's not even a boat for fishing, really, and water-skiers aren't much into 65 HP ... so beyond the fact that it – and all the meticulously kept records – make you go "hmm. Interesting." I just don't know what the value is.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: figuring out the value of a boat - 04/17/15 11:49 AM

The value of your boat is just exactly what someone will pay for it. It could actually cost you to get rid of it. I have seen this happen more than you would think. Trailer +75.00, motor +25.00 scrape and dump charges -200.00 to take a fiberglass boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum