Texas Fishing Forum

Back seat

Posted By: Bruce's

Back seat - 04/15/15 11:12 PM

Any one have any ideas on how to get the post out of the hole on a Champion. The Boat is 15 years old and the rear seat post has never been taken out. I have tried pipe wrench with 6 foot cheater bar, I soaked the hole with penetrating oil, everything you can think of i tried, I need some fresh ideas. I even took a come along and lifted the boat off the ground with it, no it didn't move.
On the way to the lake last week i lost the chair. Thee bearing in the post must have been worn out and the seat took a ride. I back tracked but never found it.
Posted By: snmcc

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 12:03 AM

My 1996 champion had slide bases. A door lifted in front of the post and you then loosened the post by turning and sliding forward.

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 12:10 AM

Mine have the push button with the lock. I can take the front out very easy, but the back is not coming out.
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 12:57 AM

if it turns in the hole....SOMETIMES you can push real hard DOWN on the seat and have someone else push IN the button...and then use the pipe wrench...

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 12:59 AM

Button is locked in, and it will turn now, but its not coming out. I wounder what a little heat will do
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 01:24 AM

my guess is heat will make it expand ...turning is not the problem..the lock may not be fully releasing..if you think it is, then I would try PB Blaster and try...and try....

takes two sometimes, one pushing up, as the other mans the pipe wrench...
Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 02:14 AM

i bet you I can get it out
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 03:47 AM

I brought an old motorcycle back to life. Two tricks for stuck things were Kroil (best penetrating oil around) and some heat and a crayon. Heat it enough to touch the crayon to it and melt. Sometimes enough wax will work its way to free it.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 03:51 AM

take the whole plate out and replace it. they're not very expansive.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Back seat - 04/16/15 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

King Arthur over here...

Originally Posted By: smooth move

This is what I would do.

Re: Back seat - 04/17/15 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

King Arthur over here..

Originally Posted By: smooth move

This is what I would do

So none of the above happen
The mount is fiberglass into the cap , cutting the deck never was a option.
I ended up drilling a hole threw the post. Taking a piece of 1/2 rod stock , taking a come along and hanging it from a tree, picking up the boat. took a pipe wrench and a 1 pound sledge hammer I took about 30 wackes with the sledge and the boat fell down, and the post out. It was not rusted in, the paint was still like new. It was just stuck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum