Texas Fishing Forum

What year did Skeeter go all composite?

Posted By: Frank the Tank

What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/14/13 02:07 AM

95 or 96? I have found conflicting stories on the WWW
Posted By: HasBen

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/14/13 02:31 AM

Frank, if you go to this website the 1995 Skeeter brochures refer to a pressure treated transom and the 1996 Skeeter brochures refer to an all new, composite transom, stringer system. Also, the model designations for 1996 ended in a "c", meaning composite. Hope this helps. I am not sure if this is definitive, but I would put my money on 1996.

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/Skeeter.html
Posted By: K.D.

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/14/13 02:34 AM

If you look at nada guides.com, in 1996 you'll see the zx190, 200and 300 with the "c" designation behind them. That stood for composite and was the first use of a composite transom. In later years, such as '99, you'll see similar sized boats and one has the c designator and the other doesn't. They weren't all made with composites depending on model even by then.

Now, here's the tricky part. You used the word "all" composite. That's the biggest misunderstanding on the www. Composite does not mean "no wood". The transome and stringer systems are composite but they still used wood in the boats. I know my 2005 zx250 had wood as dividers between the compartments. So composite does not always mean "wood free". My 08 I class had composite board in these same areas.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/14/13 02:36 AM

Well, at least our stories match since it looks like we ere typing at the same time!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/14/13 02:59 AM

Excellent info gents, thanks!
Posted By: IKELEVI

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/14/13 04:28 PM

I'm glad this has been brought up. I have a 185c, that being said are the transoms rot proof, what are the negatives of a composite transom? My boat is a 97 and I'm always concerned about the transom and how to keep it lasting longer. Thanks for any input.
Posted By: blackhorse

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/21/13 02:08 PM

I have 97 ZX 185c, original owner and no problem ever with boat
Posted By: J Rankin

Re: What year did Skeeter go all composite? - 08/22/13 02:59 AM

202c was the best skeeter...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum