Texas Fishing Forum

Can you identify this boat?

Posted By: anapauso

Can you identify this boat? - 07/13/13 06:35 PM

I bought an aluminum boat a few weeks ago. I figure it is pre 1972 because it doesn't have a USCG plate. The boat is 14'and has oar locks. Please ask me any questions or request that I add a particular shot of a part of the boat that will help in identifying the make, model and year.

[img:left]http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/ebeechem71/media/BoatInside.jpg.html[/img]

[img:left]http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/ebeechem71/media/BoatRearView.jpg.html[/img]

[img:left]http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/ebeechem71/media/BoatSideView.jpg.html[/img]
Posted By: lowbass

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/14/13 12:28 AM

Looks like the old Sea King I used to own. Had to bale it out every 30 min. or so. If it's riveted, instead of welded, be sure to have a coffee can on board.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/14/13 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: lowbass
Looks like the old Sea King I used to own. Had to bale it out every 30 min. or so. If it's riveted, instead of welded, be sure to have a coffee can on board.

Dont know the brand but an uncle in Arkansas had one looked like it,Lowbass is correct about bailing it out every 30 min or so.
Posted By: AlabamaJack

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/14/13 09:15 AM

I don't have a clue what brand it is but my uncle gave me one with a 40 hp McCullough engine almost identical in 74'....cypress twigs work well when the waters rough and you are popping rivets...I was in rough water making a run back to the ramp and had probably 12 water fountains in the bottom...pulled to the shore...cut cypress twigs and pounded them in...leaks stopped...when I put the boat on the trailer the bottom looked like a porcupine...
Posted By: nolte_martin

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/14/13 02:16 PM

looks Like a lonestar
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/14/13 04:18 PM

Looks like the Sea King in my garage on a harbor freight home-built trailer just like mine :-)
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/15/13 03:02 PM

Lone star or Alumacraft
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/15/13 03:45 PM

Don't think it is a Lone Star, they had separate angle braces going down to the seats. We would clip our stringers of bass to the brace when fishing at El Novillio Mexico before we took 1 Monark aluminum & 2 King Fisher aluminum bass boats down their.
Posted By: TxTightliner

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/17/13 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: nolte_martin
looks Like a lonestar

+1 I had 1 that looked exactly like that.
Does it have a drain plug in the floor at the back of the boat?
Mine handled choppy water nicely.
If you get a leaky rivet just rebuck it.
Posted By: anapauso

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/25/15 05:35 PM

It does not have a drain plug, but I'm about to have one installed so I don't have to siphon water after each rain storm!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Can you identify this boat? - 07/27/15 02:09 PM

Lone Star for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum