Texas Fishing Forum

Nissan Bass Boats????

Posted By: racing75

Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/01/10 11:52 PM

Anyone familiar with these boats? Are they good boats? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: crankin'_dave

Re: Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/01/10 11:53 PM

Nissan bass boats or the Nissan motors? Never heard of the boats but have heard of the motors. Not to many mechanics around here like to touch em.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/02/10 12:08 AM

Found this little gem on the internet. I have seen Nissan boats before and was not impressed.

"Nissan Marine (Japan) has just opened up a production facility in mainland China for boats up to 30 + feet. In Japan, Nissan Outboards are Honda's. In the U.S. Nissan Outboards are Tohatsu engines. In 1988 and 1989 Nissan Marine U.S. (N.I.E.C.) entered into agreement with five U.S. boat manufacturers to private label their existing brands with Nissan decals. It was a disaster. Three of the manufacturers began producing substandard boats for Nissan which were of marginal construction. Nissan (N.I.E.C.) did a voluntary recall on those boats in 1989 and abandoned the project. Literally, thousands of boats were stripped and put into a giant chipper. Sportco in Louisiana and Pacer in Florida produced boats for Nissan and none of those were recalled."

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-outdoor-photos/146734-official-thread-nissan-marine-2.html

Re: Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/02/10 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: crankin'_dave
Nissan bass boats or the Nissan motors? Never heard of the boats but have heard of the motors. Not to many mechanics around here like to touch em.

Boat
Posted By: Mike Halfmann the boatmann

Re: Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/02/10 02:20 AM

We have had a few around San Marcos, They looked like a Tidecraft V-hull or somewhat simular to the SF-70 Skeeter style boat. Nothing to write home about. It was a no frills, no extras entry bass boat. As far as the Nissian outboards, they are actually a pretty good engine. Typical Japanize motor, They tend to corrode badly if not expertly maintained. They do run well, but sound like a thrashing machine.. We do work on them and parts are readly available. I believe the wearhouse is in Cleburn or somewhere there abouts.......

Re: Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/02/10 11:36 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Nissan Bass Boats???? - 12/02/10 11:55 AM

They were built by Tidecraft. Not one of your highly desired builders by any means.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum