Texas Fishing Forum

Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is

Posted By: brannonlong

Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 03:55 PM

You can go to skeeterFX.com to see the baddest boat to ever hit the market. I mean this thing is bad to the bone fast, quiet, responsive and just plain mean. check it out yall!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:01 PM

your linky no work
Posted By: Lip Grip

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:01 PM

$70,000 bucks! loco
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:04 PM

i know where you can buy a used one NOW! for $43,000... M Kernan is presaling his 2010 demo!

edit: sorry, thought it was an FX. Its a zx225 with the SHO motor! i bet that things a speed demon!

Posted By: Terry M

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:06 PM

70,000/2 = 35,000 which in turn = 2 extrmely nice low hour used boats.

Its that right there that makes me think this is getting out of hand. Am I wrong here? and if so are the people that are buying these 70K rigs hiring?
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:07 PM

Lance Vick posted the link yesterday. Too bad the boat will cost $60k plus.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
i know where you can buy a used one NOW! for $43,000... M Kernan is presaling his 2010 demo!

so dont beleive the msrp stuff...

The FX 21?
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
so dont beleive the msrp stuff...
Mike is preselling a ZX225 with the SHO motor, not the FX according to his ad.

Looks like the FX might be a really nice boat but only time will tell. Be interesting to see what problems and issues develop with the new series of boats and motors.
Posted By: Lip Grip

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Terry M
70,000/2 = 35,000 which in turn = 2 extrmely nice low hour used boats.

Its that right there that makes me think this is getting out of hand. Am I wrong here? and if so are the people that are buying these 70K rigs hiring?
thumb
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: brannonlong
You can go to skeeterFX.com to see the baddest boat to ever hit the market. I mean this thing is bad to the bone fast, quiet, responsive and just plain mean. check it out yall!

Might want to tap the brakes a little on the "baddest boat to ever hit the market" claim. There is a lot of us that might want to take that as a challenge. grin
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: HasBen

Might want to tap the brakes a little on the "baddest boat to ever hit the market" claim. There is a lot of us that might want to take that as a challenge. grin

+1...think G-boats!
Posted By: NITRO 929 CDX

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 05:45 PM

The reason these things cost 70,000 is that there are people willing to pay it. Along with the 70,000 theres ttl, insurance, destination charges, additional equipment added. Then theres the interest rate for the duration of the loan. Think about the type of cars that are in the 70,000 range like Mercedes, porsche, corvette z06, shelby mustang super snake, jaguar and theres more that goes into building a car than a boat. If you want one I say keep your eye out for a deal their out there, maybe even ask for a sponsorship, it never hurts to ask.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 05:54 PM

The boat is not $70,000
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 05:55 PM

Companies charge what people will pay...
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:07 PM

Hold on there partner, Just because it is the latest boat put out by Skeeter does not mean it is the baddest boat out there Overall.
Maybe just maybe the baddest Skeeter has put out there in their own line. And it is fair to say it is their best. Also I am NOT a skeeter hater, I have ran skeeters and still love the skeeters.
And another thing, you guys aren't even close on the boat running in the 70g mark.
Even if you are having to pay Dealer price.
Posted By: anthonyhicks101

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:10 PM

I heard the bird was the word. hooked
Posted By: FZ1

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:37 PM

Well,everybody's heard about the bird.
Posted By: jumpnjohnfish

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:49 PM

This reminds me of the Family Guy show on the bird is the word song and dance Peter does

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:55 PM

I don't know if it will be the best boat ever made or anything like it but from what I saw in person yesterday its a completely new boat that has a lot of engineering and thought built into it. In a nutshell it was designed with Yamaha overssing it to maximize the SHO motors. Not saying the SHO is not a good fit on other models and brands but this is a hull that will maximize speed and fuel economy on this particular engine. It also looks to be a killer fishing platform as moat all Skeeters are. Lots of real world running by regular folks needs to happen before we declare anything the bewst of all time but I think this setup will make the majority of people who give it a try happy. As for the price its really not much over what a similar equipped and similar size iClass costs. As for the cost one thing to consider is that this boat was not designed overnight and has taken a couple of years to come to market. I am sure that the economy was not as bad as it is now when the boat was being engineered. Once they started and had so much time and money in it I am sure they kept going just to see if things would turn for the economy. Again don't take my word on it not being $70,0000 just go by a dealer or call and get a quote.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Hold on there partner, Just because it is the latest boat put out by Skeeter does not mean it is the baddest boat out there Overall.
Maybe just maybe the baddest Skeeter has put out there in their own line. And it is fair to say it is their best. Also I am NOT a skeeter hater, I have ran skeeters and still love the skeeters.
And another thing, you guys aren't even close on the boat running in the 70g mark.

New bassmaster magazine states they are $70,000. They did an article on Alton Jones new FX boat.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Fast Lane

New bassmaster magazine states they are $70,000. They did an article on Alton Jones new FX boat.

They state MSRP is $70,000, real world prices are lower.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:01 PM

What is so bad about it? Bassmaster Magazine says Alton Jones new FX runs 75-mph. There are millions of bass boats that will run that fast and faster.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:04 PM

What is so bad about it? Bassmaster Magazine says Alton Jones new FX runs 75-mph. There are millions of bass boats that will run that fast and faster.

I was told that setup right you can break the 80mph mark with it. Still not the fastest boat but for a 4 stroke that is amazing. Not too mention the savings you get with fuel economy and maintenance over a 2 stroke. The reason eyes are opening is because its the lightest and possibly the fastest 4 stroke built to date and it was designed to be used in the bass boat market.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Way over-priced even if it is $50,000. I wonder if they made the live wells in this new boat bigger than the tea-cup live-wells that come in all the other skeeters?

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:09 PM

Way over-priced even if it is $50,000. I wonder if they made the live wells in this new boat bigger than the tea-cup live-wells that come in all the other skeeters?

Then you are also saying that 90% of all 21' or larger bassboats are over priced cause that is about where most are price wise regardless of who makes it. I will take pictures of the livewells as well as whole boat and try and compare to other Skeeters to better answer your question. I have never felt any of my Skeeter livewells were smaller than any others. They will cold 25lbs very easily and probably a bit more and in all honesty unless you are down south not many of us drop over 25lbs in a livewell with regularity. cheers

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:11 PM

I was told that setup right you can break the 80mph mark with it. Still not the fastest boat but for a 4 stroke that is amazing. Not too mention the savings you get with fuel economy and maintenance over a 2 stroke. The reason eyes are opening is because its the lightest and possibly the fastest 4 stroke built to date and it was designed to be used in the bass boat market.

That is great but I still like 2-strokes better. I would think that a 2-stroke accelerates quicker.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:15 PM

That is great but I still like 2-strokes better. I would think that a 2-stroke accelerates quicker.

The guys I know that have drive the SHO all say it throws you back when you step on it. There is no gradual buildup. Its funny you mention acceleration cause they all have said it does that quicker than any other engine they have driven. That may be subjective though and most of us will not know till we see and hear it ourselves so I am very anxious to see this firsthand. I do like to go fast. thumb

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:17 PM

Then you are also saying that 90% of all 21' or larger bassboats are over priced cause that is about where most are price wise regardless of who makes it. I will take pictures of the livewells as well as whole boat and try and compare to other Skeeters to better answer your question. I have never felt any of my Skeeter livewells were smaller than any others. They will cold 25lbs very easily and probably a bit more and in all honesty unless you are down south not many of us drop over 25lbs in a livewell with regularity. cheers

Yea I think all of them are over-priced. My dad has a skeeter (Nice boat other than the small livewells) and My brother and I fish out of a Triton TR21 and one triton Live-well is bigger than both of the livewells in a skeeter. I have seen too many guys at tournaments with skeeters with dead fish that is why we wanted a boat with bigger live-wells.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:20 PM

my livewells are plenty big on my skeeter, so obviously u have no idea what you r talking about. cant wait to ride in one.
Posted By: meallenjr

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:24 PM

My boat is the best it is paid for and does everything I need it to

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:26 PM

The relative size of the livewell is directly related to the relative size of the fish you put in it. My livewell is much too big. grin
Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:29 PM

but it's still a Skeeter. barf grin

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Heath Taylor
but it's still a Skeeter. barf grin

whip
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:42 PM

This topic has officially turned into a pissing match
Posted By: LSUfan

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:43 PM

have they put this motor on a "normal" rig and compared it to other motors? Wondering if you "have" to pay for the new design in order to get the performance? Basically is the motor that much better or does the design of the boat what makes the motor "appear" to be better?

and the boats aren't going to be 70k...they will probably only be in the 60k's, and in that case you may as well buy two of them cause they are Giving them away at that price!!!! smile But I can tell you if I was rich and had money to throw away and wanted to be the new "talk of the town" for about 5 minutes, I would buy one in a heartbeat!
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LSUfan
But I can tell you if I was rich and had money to throw away and wanted to be the new "talk of the town" for about 5 minutes, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

That is the basis for a lot of "toy" purchases for folks like bass boats and the reason the prices are over inflated. flag
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 07:53 PM

no jokes, this is serious.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:03 PM

The motor will perform similarly on any boat of the same size and weight. It's 4.2 Liters and there ain't no replacement for displacement.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:08 PM

Right. My post was a line from "The Surfin Bird". Performed by the "Trashmen" in the 60's.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:09 PM

The SHO will out accelerate the HPDI Series 2 Yammie, I can tell you that. As for the other brands of 2-stroke outboards, I'm sure they ALL have better hole shots and acceleration than the SHO, just ask their owners.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:17 PM

I think the SHO motor seems innovative and industry changing. The FX boat looks to be a safe move by Skeeter, offering a step up without really changing a tried a true formula. To truly live up to the hype of new innovation, I think Skeeter needs to step it up and introduce something as truly innovative as the Wrangler or the Starfire were when they were introduced. I don't think the FX brings that kind of change and excitement. For you Skeeter guys, I intentionally left out the SK2000 of the late '80's as new and innovative. Even Skeeter misses the mark periodically.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:23 PM

Well,the topic appears to be the new Skeeter and new, ground breaking, motor from Yamaha. So what's the problem? I think most of us are in awe of the thing. What's wrong with that?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:48 PM

Yea I think all of them are over-priced. My dad has a skeeter (Nice boat other than the small livewells) and My brother and I fish out of a Triton TR21 and one triton Live-well is bigger than both of the livewells in a skeeter. I have seen too many guys at tournaments with skeeters with dead fish that is why we wanted a boat with bigger live-wells.

I saw a guy bring in a dead 5 lb fish in a Triton.... it has to be the livewells, couldnt be operator error, improper handling, lack of fish care, or the ROUGH ARSE back breaking ride in that Triton, no sir had to be the livewells... rolleyes
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 08:54 PM

For you Skeeter guys, I intentionally left out the SK2000 of the late '80's as new and innovative. Even Skeeter misses the mark periodically.

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao OMG... I remember that, it did cause the innovation of the back draft transom many years later. That's about all it did.. That was the Skeeter Scud Missile of the decade. I recall it being around 1986-87 or so..

Obviously, Yamaha has brought a new 4-stroke to the Bass Boat boat world with some fantastic amenities, like fuel savings, better hole shot, faster top end over previous Yamaha models, **2-stroke oil is no longer needed (I don't know about you) but I spend $$$$$ a small fortune on that alone EVERY year. This puppy will scream, and it weighs less than my HPDI..
Whats not to get excited about, it's a major jump forward for the industry, we will all benefit from it, for many many years to come.. Personally I'm JACKED up about it.
Posted By: 2Texasguides.com

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 09:38 PM

I'm so frustrated with Skeeter right now!! I can't even go to the website! My 2006 Skeeter has been there since before Thanksgiving.
Posted By: breid

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 10:15 PM

Mercury aint going to sit and take this with the SHO for long!!!

And that is the best thing for us all!!! Competition = better prices.

I know the SHO is new and shiney and expensive, and if Merc dont come out with something inovative like the SHO this year or at least plans for 2011, I will prob have a nice new Champ with a SHO on the back instead of a Merc.

As far as the pizzing match about MSRP, Pizz on MSRP. I bet the dealer will damn sure let them pay it, but that is not realistic. Come on... bring on some realistic thinking here and just be glad that a motor company has come out with something cool for a change and quit griping about it.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

I saw a guy bring in a dead 5 lb fish in a Triton.... it has to be the livewells, couldnt be operator error, improper handling, lack of fish care, or the ROUGH ARSE back breaking ride in that Triton, no sir had to be the livewells... rolleyes

You would have to fold up a 5lber to fit it in a skeeter livewell. I have had minnow buckets that hold more water than their livewells do. That is the drawback to skeeter in my opinion. Why would they build a bass boat and put livewells in it that are only big enough to keep 5 bluegill alive? Doesn't make any sense to me. I drive a Triton and a skeeter on a regular basis and neither one of them ride rough to me.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/07/10 10:25 PM

I think the SHO motor seems innovative and industry changing. The FX boat looks to be a safe move by Skeeter, offering a step up without really changing a tried a true formula. To truly live up to the hype of new innovation, I think Skeeter needs to step it up and introduce something as truly innovative as the Wrangler or the Starfire were when they were introduced. I don't think the FX brings that kind of change and excitement. For you Skeeter guys, I intentionally left out the SK2000 of the late '80's as new and innovative. Even Skeeter misses the mark periodically.

Yamaha owns Skeeter and designed that new FX hull for their new SHO 4 stroke engine. That is what it says in the latest Bassmaster magazine.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 12:46 AM

Out of my price range.
Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 12:52 AM

Looking forward to seeing one in person, as the hype is way up there.
Whether we like it or not, the EPA is the driving factor that is putting the push toward 4 strokes and cleaner emission engines. I personally would welcome a 4 stroke as long as it performs as good or better than the present DFI technology, and Yamaha seems to be on to something with the new SHO.

However; I personally never buy a mechanical product the first year out. I bought a new BMW years ago in a ground up change, and learned my lesson the hard way, let some other guys deal with the initial recalls and service issues that normally accompany new product introductions.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 01:06 AM

Fastlane would you give us some measurements to these giant triton livewells you have. My ZX225 has some pretty darn big livewells and an oxymax system and has never lost a fish. Also a 10 pounder does fit in them and i have a picture to prove it.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 01:17 AM

My 16 foot Skeeter comfortably held a 10+ pounder with plenty room to spare in one of its "dinky" livewells. Haven't lost a fish in them either...

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: LSUfan
have they put this motor on a "normal" rig and compared it to other motors? Wondering if you "have" to pay for the new design in order to get the performance? Basically is the motor that much better or does the design of the boat what makes the motor "appear" to be better?

and the boats aren't going to be 70k...they will probably only be in the 60k's, and in that case you may as well buy two of them cause they are Giving them away at that price!!!! smile But I can tell you if I was rich and had money to throw away and wanted to be the new "talk of the town" for about 5 minutes, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

2 guys that I know of ordered the SHO on a non FX Skeeter hull. Also think a few dealers for other brands have sold a few on their boats. Its gonna be interesting to start getting feedback as guys run them. I think they will be a success but like I said earlier we all are waiting on real world experience with them.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13

You would have to fold up a 5lber to fit it in a skeeter livewell. I have had minnow buckets that hold more water than their livewells do. That is the drawback to skeeter in my opinion. Why would they build a bass boat and put livewells in it that are only big enough to keep 5 bluegill alive? Doesn't make any sense to me. I drive a Triton and a skeeter on a regular basis and neither one of them ride rough to me.

i have weighed in 25lbs in my Skeeter and that is with 2 8lbers in there. They looked lively and happy at weigh in.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 02:42 PM

i have weighed in 25lbs in my Skeeter and that is with 2 8lbers in there. They looked lively and happy at weigh in.

Bragger!!!
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

Bragger!!!

LOL. Mark didn't catch them... he just weighed them in... LOL

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 03:47 PM

DOH!!! Even my OLD skeeter zx202c had huge livewells! I have a video to prove the healthiness of a 10# bass including the release with her jumping out of the water saying "thanks Mrbass24 for the airtime!"
Posted By: Jimmie Moreland

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 09:22 PM

OK, so I got to see the new FX and Its a sharp boat. But so is a ZX225 thats over $20K CHEAPER......

Good luck, im sure there are suckers everywhere lining up to buy em, but at list of 67K and show sale price of 62K, you can KEEP IT.
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 10:08 PM

Saw it this afternoon. The engine cowling is freakin huge! Did not get the impression that the boat itself demanded a premium. I think those who pay the $62K are going to get a rude awakening when they want to sell it in a year or two. But opinions are like a@@h@les and everybody has one.

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/08/10 11:24 PM

The cowling's gotta be huge;it's 4.2 Liters!

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/16/10 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Fastlane would you give us some measurements to these giant triton livewells you have. My ZX225 has some pretty darn big livewells and an oxymax system and has never lost a fish. Also a 10 pounder does fit in them and i have a picture to prove it.

Skeeter 20i,21i,ZX225 and ZX250 Livewell Capacity: - 21 gal
Triton TR20 and TR21 Livewell Capacity: - 44.5 gal
Triton TR196 Livewell Capacity: - 43 gal

Posted By: bmcclary

Re: Have you heard? FX is the word, Skeeter FX that is - 01/16/10 04:34 AM

I saw the FX and SHO at the Houston boat show. FX21 priced out at 53k although the one at the show was not for sale. The SHO was on all kinds of boats at the show. Mainly saltwater flats boats.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum