Texas Fishing Forum

gorilla hull?

Posted By: StumpJumper1

gorilla hull? - 10/25/09 03:24 PM

what's a better idea, getting a gorilla hull put on or just taking the boat in to repair the small scrapes and gouges and starting fresh?
Posted By: Dwight

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/25/09 04:42 PM

Just get it repaired. I have heard the Gorilla Hull is heavy.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/25/09 09:16 PM

Gorilla Hull adds less than 50# to the weight of a average 20' hull. Still, I think I would just get the scratches fixed rather than going that direction.
Posted By: Stogie

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/25/09 11:39 PM

I would wonder about the drag on a gorilla hull.

Posted By: HasBen

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/25/09 11:49 PM

Me too. They make a lot of claims on their website, but who knows. Maybe someone on here that has one can chime in.

http://www.toledofiberglass.com/
Posted By: Zach Caudle

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/26/09 02:16 AM

I read that they smooth out the the chines and edges under the boat and it has a tendency to want to slide out in a turn.
Posted By: Zach Caudle

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/26/09 02:18 AM

Here is the link to that. It is under disadvantages. That kind of thing scares me if I need to make a high speed corner for some reason.
http://www.toledofiberglass.com/NEWPAGE/gorillahull.html
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/26/09 03:20 PM

I wonder how it would do on an oyster bed?
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: gorilla hull? - 10/26/09 04:05 PM

i had Mike at Lake fork fiberglass do it on my old 20ft. Dual Console Bullet.

i had him only add a couple of layers, and sharpen the strakes on the pad ONLY. it didn't slow the boat down at all, and actually made it handle better at high speeds.

life time warranty on damage!

he didn't add any weight forward of the console as i didn't want to loose bow lift. which is the problem with alot of guys that have that done. it adds weight to the front of the boat making it nearly impossible to get the bow lift back, which causes the boat to loose MPH at topend. usually 3-5mph loss.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum