Texas Fishing Forum

best place for boat financing?

Posted By: txtider

best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 12:39 PM

guys , where is the best place to get boat financing ? what is a good rate for a boat and how long can you finance a boat ? thanks !
Posted By: Judd

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 12:51 PM

Credit Union normally and all the other stuff depends on your credit.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:01 PM

State Farm was doing with cheap rates, if you had insurance with them

Don't know if they still do it
Posted By: bwhatley

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:02 PM

Depends on your dealer and what lenders they have access to. New boat loans can go all the way to 20 yrs and interest rates vary from 6.9% to above 11%. Gonna depend on your credit rating.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:02 PM

I financed mine at Texans Credit Union. I did a f 5yr loan at 4.9%. But the rate depends on your credit, the term depends on the amount you are going to finance. I've heard of people financing boats for up to 10yrs.
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:11 PM

I've had good experience with Key Bank, they do alot of boat financing.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:11 PM

Did an 06 Skeeter 20i at Plano Marine 7.49% minimum term of 5 years. Need 700 or better score. My State Farm agent is going to give me a re-finance bid,says it will be cheaper. Got my house,cars and boat with them.
Posted By: JPost

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:17 PM

I have no idea about your situation (credit rating, how much you need, equity you have in property, etc.) but if you can do it on a home equity loan or line of credit, I think its the best deal. You can write-off your interest and rates will be pretty close as low as you'll get.
Posted By: cbyrom

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:20 PM

You are also removing the security you have in your house to buy a bass boat.
Posted By: JPost

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: cbyrom
You are also removing the security you have in your house to buy a bass boat.

True, depends on your situation.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:25 PM

Credit Unions are usually good on rates and terms. Got mine on 7.25% for 5 yrs but I didn't buy a brand new one (07 model). Rate for new was 5%. You also get really good/personal customer service and my CU is very eager to make loans even in this economy as long as your credit is good, (700+).
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:29 PM

Financed mine 3 months ago, 4.99% Your Federal Credit Union great service, easiest purchase I've ever had...but they have a limited service area and you need good credit.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 01:43 PM

credit union of texas was great with me.
Posted By: Chad Hill

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/30/09 07:39 PM

I got 5.1% about 2 months ago through Resource One Credit Union. If you are interested PM me and I will get you the number and the contact.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/31/09 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: JPost
I have no idea about your situation (credit rating, how much you need, equity you have in property, etc.) but if you can do it on a home equity loan or line of credit, I think its the best deal. You can write-off your interest and rates will be pretty close as low as you'll get.

Was under the impression you don`t want to use home equity to purchase a depreciating product. But that is just a thought.
JD stir
Posted By: EmptyLivewell23

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/31/09 12:54 AM

Look at State Farm for sure...i bought a new Skeeter in 2006 and went with Bank of the West, financed for 10 years just to get out the door. About 2 months later, i refinanced with my credit union at State Farm and knocked off 5 years for about $40 extra dollars a month. Bank of the West was a little over 8%. I just received an email last week showing State Farm rates are around 4.9% for new or used. It depends on that amount financed on how many years you can go and the most you can go with State Farm is 8 years. I believe you have to finance more than $30,000 to stretch it 8 years. IMO, anything over 5 years is scary for a boat.
Posted By: kevin

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/31/09 12:43 PM

Just got one at american airline credit union,my credit is not that good
Posted By: Capcom

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/31/09 01:17 PM

Try Affiliated Bank affiliatedbank.com
Posted By: West Boats

Re: best place for boat financing? - 01/31/09 04:41 PM

Give me a call if you need financing information.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum