Texas Fishing Forum

Black Max Repair Issue

Posted By: aggiebacker

Black Max Repair Issue - 04/10/23 09:40 PM

I have a 1986 175 HP Mercury black max that I removed the carburetors to clean and kit. When I started to reassemble, I found about a 12" hose that looks like a vacuum hose that is attached to the throttle body that is the brass male fitting on the attached picture. I haven't been able to find a diagram that tells me where to attach the other end of this hose.

I have attached a picture of the throttle body with the hose removed, as well the serial number badge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shawn the printer

Re: Black Max Repair Issue - 04/11/23 02:36 AM

Does it go to the airbox that goes on top of the carbs?
Posted By: aggiebacker

Re: Black Max Repair Issue - 04/11/23 01:11 PM

I had not thought about that. I was searching for a landing spot on the block because I didn't want to go back together, then have to pull the carbs back off.

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: Black Max Repair Issue - 04/11/23 02:30 PM

It goes to the side of block might be behind switch boxes. Call if have any questions 214-796-0373
Posted By: TLW

Re: Black Max Repair Issue - 04/13/23 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by boatman025
It goes to the side of block might be behind switch boxes. Call if have any questions 214-796-0373

that one is already there.. tha open one goes to tha air box..............
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Black Max Repair Issue - 04/13/23 02:24 PM

Bottom corner, it sucks what fuel/oil mix puddles in the bottom of the air box into the crankcase to help keep the engine running clean and clear.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum