Texas Fishing Forum

Somebody to weld aluminum hull?

Posted By: pyledriver

Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 01:15 AM

My buddy has an aluminum boat he’s been trying to sell me for a couple years. The problem is that it has a crack near the transom-not 100% sure where it runs to and I don’t know anybody that can weld aluminum to try to get it fixed. He’s offering what seems like a good price but since I don’t know what I’m in for with that hull, I’m just not sure about it. Anybody have any information or maybe a price range for that type of work? That will be in addition to wheel bearings, tires, any other trailer issues like bunks, replacing areas of wooden deck, rebuilding the carb and cleaning up the motor, and rewiring everything due to rodents. SO-leaving it sit is definitely an option!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 01:30 AM

Free would be a great price.

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 02:25 AM

It would! But even then, I’m SO busy in this crazy real estate market that I don’t have time for projects! It’s tempting but something new and shiny is too, lol..
Posted By: Len B 1

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 11:41 AM

McGills in Lewisville does aluminum welding and can take care of trailer issues.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 06:42 PM

Pump On Magils

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 09:30 PM

Ok thanks!
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Len B 1
McGills in Lewisville does aluminum welding and can take care of trailer issues.

3rd, really good service there.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Somebody to weld aluminum hull? - 07/15/21 10:52 PM

Walli's welding in Garland two things he can't weld is the crack of daylight and a broken heart
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum