Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW

Posted By: wh2004

Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/17/18 06:13 PM

Inherited a stick steer jon boat recently the was my grandpa's. It hasn't been ran in about 3 or 4 years since he died. Has a 40 hp two stroke yamaha on it. He fished it a lot back when he was alive so I want to get it going again but don't know anything about anything that has to do with it. Hoping to find someone that can get it going. Including trailer lights too as they are out.
Thanks
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/18/18 11:28 AM

Little boat house in azle can fix you up.
Clark frizen 8179885690.
Johnny
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/18/18 03:40 PM

inexpensive and boat repair don't go togeather
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/18/18 05:34 PM

And never will, or at least i have not found them.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/20/18 03:36 PM

we can fix you up. move shop to Wylie

Hughes Marine Service
Wylie Texas
Posted By: texcajun

Re: Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/23/18 03:49 AM

I've tried the inexpensive route and in a lot of cases, you get what you pay for. For me, it was find someone you trust that does good work then stick with em. It'll cost what it cost, but reliability is the name of the game now.
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Looking for inexpensive boat repair guy - DFW - 07/27/18 03:07 AM

Be careful about going the cheap route on a rig that set up. Can set you up for failure or stranded pretty easy. Fuel system will need to be cleaned, trailor bearings replaced, trailor tires inspected(dry rot), all old fuel purged from fuel tank to motor, new filters, most likely new fuel lines etc. This is all stuff that can end your day. Some of it's easy diy but it's all important.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum