Texas Fishing Forum

Tilt Cylinder Repair Needed

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Tilt Cylinder Repair Needed - 07/03/18 02:49 PM

I have a tilt cylinder on a Yamaha F115 that needs to be rebuilt. I can fill the unit up and get it to work but it leaks all of the oil out in a few days. I've repaired a trim cylinder myself, but the tilt cylinder looks a good bit more complicated. The problem is I am in a bit of a time crunch and all of the boat repair shops in the Palestine area are a month out. Does anyone know of a hydraulic or boat repair shop that might be able to get on this repair within say 2 weeks? I would prefer to find someone in the Tyler/East Tx area but would travel to the metroplex if needed. My son qualified for the Jr Bassmaster National Championship the last weekend in July. I have to have it working by then.
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Tilt Cylinder Repair Needed - 07/03/18 04:13 PM

Take it to Tommy at Rockwall marine.
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Tilt Cylinder Repair Needed - 07/04/18 09:30 PM

Cummins hydraulics in Waco Texas did me a good job and quick as well. He is a mom and pop shop and will repair anything that pumps hydraulic fluid. Mine all three cylinders worked off the same pump. I took it off and carried it to him. Took about 5 days as he ordered the parts for mine. My pump has been doing great since the overhaul...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum