Texas Fishing Forum

Fuel priming

Posted By: HappyNest

Fuel priming - 06/17/18 09:59 PM

Is there typically a check valve in the boat fuel system to maintain prime or is it simply the primer bulbs valves?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Fuel priming - 06/18/18 02:38 AM

There is a one way safety valve at the top of the tank to prevent fuel from siphoning. It's required by the USCC.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Fuel priming - 06/18/18 03:07 AM

Depends on if the fuel level is higher than your outboard/motor. If so there is a anti syphon valve installed, of your tank sits below the motor then only the check valves will be in the primer.

Most primers use check valves that work with gravity, so making sure they remain vertical is the most effecient way to make sure they work properly. Some are spring loaded.
Posted By: TLW

Re: Fuel priming - 06/18/18 12:17 PM

from what i'm hearin' tha newer stuff has things added to fuel tanks (epa required ) that can and do cause a few problems? not sure "what" it is but its not like tha older stuff.. just an added expense.....

Posted By: HappyNest

Re: Fuel priming - 06/19/18 01:10 AM

The tank is below the engine. It is a 1999 model so not much emission equipment on board. I believe I know where that one way safety valve is. Think I will try to see if it is sealing off good. You guys are always helpful!!
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Fuel priming - 06/19/18 11:23 AM

Have installed several of these one-way valves when necessary. https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/5c5f0a2...mp;odnBg=FFFFFF
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum