Texas Fishing Forum

oil walmart

Posted By: HappyFisherman

oil walmart - 06/13/18 12:15 AM

anyone use the walmart 2cycle oil? it says it is tcw3 oil.???
Posted By: PMB

Re: oil walmart - 06/13/18 01:39 AM

Yep, I have used it and had no problems at all. It does smoke a bit more than the synthetic or synthetic blends but you should have no problems with it.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: oil walmart - 06/13/18 01:58 AM

It’s junk
I used to think oil is oil.
Used to get new motor every year. 3.0 merc EFI. Ran merc religiously. Turn them back in with 500-600 hours. All were still plenty fresh. Good compression tight bearings still a lot of hours left in them.

In 2000 same motor but ran Wally oil 100% for a year. 520 hours and that poor motor was worn out. 88 lbs of compression bearings were sloppy. Tired motor.

Was it scientific? No
But enough for me and anyone who’ll listen.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: oil walmart - 06/13/18 05:43 AM

I've spent most my life in the maintenance field and when it come to oils for automobiles I think their all pretty good but when it come to 2 strokes its a different story. Stick with synthetic's. Cleaner burning and less carbon build up .
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: oil walmart - 06/14/18 11:34 AM

And if you are wondering that carbon build up can turn into a bad day. Buy good oil. The cost savings will not add up if you ever have an oil related failure. Think on that.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: oil walmart - 06/14/18 12:42 PM

Carbon is a killer for 2 strokes. With good oil, always run an additive to help control carbon, such as Mercury Quiklean. I've seen motor internals that did not use this product vs. ones that do. The difference is amazing.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: oil walmart - 06/14/18 05:42 PM

NO...just no. Get highest quality synthetic oil you can get, preferably from the manufacturer. Don't cheap out on the important stuff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum