Texas Fishing Forum

looking for boat salvage yards

Posted By: tx10pt

looking for boat salvage yards - 06/11/18 04:08 PM

I had a plastic piece break on my controls over the weekend. I have called all over and cannot find the part. It is no longer available. It is an OMC Lockout rod Part number 0126133 for a concealed side mount. It is the red plastic that pulls up to shift into forward or reverse. If anyone knows where I can find one or knows of a salvage yard for me to call please let me know. Thanks
Posted By: Delbert

Re: looking for boat salvage yards - 06/11/18 08:07 PM

There is a boat salvage yard between Austin and Elgin on hwy 290 sorry I do not know there name maybe the Internet will help.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: looking for boat salvage yards - 06/11/18 10:22 PM

https://www.ebay.com/p/OMC-Evinrude-Thro...6133/1149812414
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: looking for boat salvage yards - 06/12/18 07:15 PM

Where are you located??? It may help to post that so someone close to your location can give suggestions.
Posted By: tx10pt

Re: looking for boat salvage yards - 06/13/18 10:47 PM

Sorry about that I live in Brady, but travel a bit. Or if they can ship that would be great.
Posted By: Tommy Yetts

Re: looking for boat salvage yards - 06/16/18 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: tx10pt
I had a plastic piece break on my controls over the weekend. I have called all over and cannot find the part. It is no longer available. It is an OMC Lockout rod Part number 0126133 for a concealed side mount. It is the red plastic that pulls up to shift into forward or reverse. If anyone knows where I can find one or knows of a salvage yard for me to call please let me know. Thanks

Stone & Son in Houston has these made out of aluminum. A little more than the ebay one but it will never fail again.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: looking for boat salvage yards - 06/16/18 03:09 PM

FYI: when I lived in Keene in 2014-15, there was a guy in Alvarado, just west of I-35E, that had over 150 dead boats in the woods. He used to advertise sometimes on Dallas Craigslist. Can't remember his name, though. His place isn't visible from Hwy 67, but you turn left after the railroad overpass, take a couple of lefts, and he's on a dead-end road. Boats everywhere. Wear long pants, boots and watch for snakes. He's got parts if you can locate him.

IslandJim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum