Texas Fishing Forum

Optimax Pro XS Water pressure question

Posted By: McLovin’

Optimax Pro XS Water pressure question - 05/31/18 10:41 PM

I have a 2006 Pro XS that beeped once while getting on plane two different times. I recently stayed on the water at Rayburn and it was real sloppy and shallow stuff that we idled through each day to get to the bank by the house so I think I may have sucked something in the water system.
I replaced the impeller, gaskets and even put a new pump on, but it's still giving me a beep from time to time?
I went out to test and its pumping water out great (very hard solid stream) but not showing any pressure at the gauge or Smartcraft?

Thinking about checking the water tube in the back of the block to see if any obstructions this weekend.

Anyone know anything else it might be?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Optimax Pro XS Water pressure question - 05/31/18 11:49 PM

I’d check the strainer as soon as possible, if it clogs you will lose your compressor and spend mucho $$$ repairing the motor. (If they repair it properly)
Posted By: OPTI

Re: Optimax Pro XS Water pressure question - 06/01/18 03:22 AM

When you get the warning is within 7 to 8 mins if so you could be getting a thermostat fault.When the engine is below 1100 RPM and the engine temperature remains below 42°C ( 108°F) for longer then 480 seconds (8 minutes), a thermostat fault will be recorded in the PCM fault history. The reason for the added fault code is because a cold running engine may cause spark plug fouling. In most cases this fault code is caused by a thermostat being held open by debris. I am not saying this is it for sure because this happens most of the time in the colder months when water temps are a lot colder. One other thing is you say it has happened coming up out of the hole does your prop slip or blow out at all have seen some boats slip and bump the over speed warning out of the hole.The only way for sure to know is have some one hook up the diagnostic software and pull the codes if you are getting a warning there are codes in the freeze frame page....OPTI
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum