Texas Fishing Forum

Worth Fixing ?

Posted By: justchillin

Worth Fixing ? - 05/01/18 10:48 PM

This is a 95 model 60hp Evinrude. It just started running bad out of the blue. Was running fine 30 minutes prior. I think the voltage regulator went bad maybe? All the top melted wires are running under the flywheel.
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Worth Fixing ? - 05/02/18 01:58 AM

If you can do the work yourself, yes. Maybe you can find a complete electrical system from one that is being parted out on Ebay. I just glanced at ebay and there are stators, regulators, triggers, power pack, etc. on there. If you look at the parts, you may find a seller that is selling several items for your motor. I have had luck in the past contacting them and working out a package deal.

If not, I would say no. In this case, you may be better off parting it out.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Worth Fixing ? - 05/02/18 02:53 PM

I have a complete electrical system for a J50TLERE. Hole in the block. 400.00 shipped
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Worth Fixing ? - 05/02/18 02:59 PM

Re: Worth Fixing ? - 05/02/18 06:57 PM

Thanks for the replies. Think I have found a motor from a buddy that someone is willing to give to me. If it does'nt work out , Mr. Purdy I am interested.

Re: Worth Fixing ? - 05/12/18 10:01 PM

Update just in case anyone runs into something similar. Turned out to be a faulty voltage regulator that caused the issue. After further inspection , the only 2 wires that were burned was one of the yellow wires from the regulator and one that was on the same screw of the wiring block from under the flywheel. Replaced regulator and wiring block and fixed the other wire , and motor is running like a champ again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum