Texas Fishing Forum

24 volt trolling motor

Posted By: Lazy Ike

24 volt trolling motor - 04/28/18 08:38 PM

Mytrolling motor checked out ok off of boat when re'installed wont run. Pos. cables on batteries hsve small plastic square, device with wire connected, is this a breaker??. If so if replaced will it run. Not too elec savvy. Looked on battery sight, batteries aren't connected in series.[ pos. 1 to neg. 2 HELP
Posted By: scruboak

Re: 24 volt trolling motor - 04/28/18 10:15 PM

https://www.trollingmotors.net/blogs/wiring-electrical/86994439-24-and-36-volt-wiring-diagrams yes those are probably resettable breakers should have a small button to push to reset.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: 24 volt trolling motor - 04/29/18 12:05 AM

does that little square box have a button on it and have you tried to push it in to reset it?
Posted By: DREAMIN TEAM

Re: 24 volt trolling motor - 05/01/18 11:09 AM

My guess is you hard wired motor to batteries to test off boat. Some boats have jumper in plug to get 24 volts . Make sure the plug is properly wire to motor cable .
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: 24 volt trolling motor - 05/06/18 06:34 PM

bananaThanks to the guys who replied to my post.Your help &time was a big help!!. Found one connection on breaker wasn't too good , with the help of a bud, and head scratching, iam glad[estatic]. I have a workin 24v m.k. t.m. Look out next install h.b. 1198c.Then those crappie, better vanish, iam turning the cat loose to hunt. Thanks A LOT
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum