Texas Fishing Forum

PSA: Trailer Parts website

Posted By: Holzer

PSA: Trailer Parts website - 04/20/18 01:49 PM

I am in the process of swapping out the brakes I have with another brand as well as adding brakes to my 2nd axle.
I decided to go with Kodiak. Big reason: they are here in Texas (Fort Worth) and I can order parts in the future with lower shipping and/or pick up in person.

Jesse at Kodiak is super helpful! If you have questions in matching up part #'s or looking for advice, this guy is someone you need to talk with.
817-284-2324

Not just for Kodiak but also other brands, Trailer Parts Depot have the best prices I've found.
https://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/default.aspx
Take note of the banner on their front page right now. 10% off orders of $99 or more.

Bob is very helpful at Trailer Parts Depot.

If you need brake products I suggest you give these 2 sources a look.

If you're looking to save even more money, I have a set of brakes with rotors that I will probably be posting for sale once I get the chance to clean them up. They are UFP brand. 10 inch rotors, 5 on 4.5, 3500 axle set up.
With my research, the 10 in / 3500lb axle set up is pretty universal across the board.
These brake calipers have 2 bolts that mount using the top 2 holes of the flange at the end of the axle that is right behind the spindle. They are aluminium calipers - no rust.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: PSA: Trailer Parts website - 04/20/18 03:21 PM

I have used them before, great folks!!
Posted By: Holzer

Re: PSA: Trailer Parts website - 04/20/18 07:45 PM

One thing I thought was nice is that Bob (Trailer Parts Depot) told me that he would arrange for a drop shipment to be made out of the Fort Worth location. So I purchased from depot - further up North, but the shipment is coming out of Fort Worth. So it should get to me faster.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum