Texas Fishing Forum

Ranger Aluminum Boat

Posted By: RedRanger521

Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/25/18 05:04 AM

Thinking really hard about purchasing Ranger Aluminum rig. Does anyone own one and want to comment good or not so good? If you want to comment in private send a PM. I know-theyre pricey! Thanks
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/25/18 06:48 PM

I've looked hard at them, I think you are paying to much for the name imo. For that type of money I rather have a fiberglass rig, especially for bass fishing.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/25/18 08:31 PM

aluminum boats are aluminum boats no matter who makes them they are lighter an they preform ok but none of them fish like a glass boat of equal size.

Re: Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/27/18 01:25 AM

I'm planning on keeping this rig for a very long time. Out of my last 8 rigs 6 of them were 21 foot glass w 250 horses on the back end (1 was a tin boat which I sort of kick myself for selling about a year ago and I currently own a 23 foot pontoon which I plan on keeping for a very long time also). I plan on using this Ranger for Crappie, Catfish and the occasional Couples tourney now that I've created a fishing monster who wants to go all the time( whole different story). I hope to have the funds to have a 21 foot glass w 250 horses in about 3 years so this is the fill in.
Posted By: bigdiastema

Re: Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/27/18 01:56 AM

Rangers are nice, but if I was buying aluminum today, it would be a Lund Pro V Bass. If I wasn't going to by a Pro V, then I would look at Vexus, XPress, Polarkraft, or Crestliner in that order.
Posted By: CBoone

Re: Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/28/18 01:06 PM

I am a Ranger glass boat owner and have looked at their aluminum boats. After doing some research and hearing/seeing about some bad welds (have personally seen two where the welds on the bow failed) I personally wouldn't go with a Ranger aluminum.

Gator Trax would be my choice. They make a heck of a boat.

Re: Ranger Aluminum Boat - 03/28/18 11:10 PM

Thanks for the input guys!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum