Texas Fishing Forum

decarbing

Posted By: joho5

decarbing - 11/09/17 02:35 PM

How do you guys decarb your motor, if its hard fuel-lined into motor without a quick disconnect?
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 05:15 PM

Some say Seafoam in the fuel works good. On motorcycles I rev the engine to 2500 rpm and squirt distilled water directly into the carb throat or throttle body. Run maybe 12-16oz thru without letting the engine die. The water vapor will blast the carbon right off the pistons and out of the chamber. All kinds of nasty black [censored] comes out the exhaust if it's carboned up bad. Do this with the engine at full operating temperature. Injected engines don't carbon up nearly as bad as carbed motors.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 05:24 PM

Sea foam deepcreep any day all day... Sea foam In the gas does a little but the ladder does better. No scratches on combustion wall and ring lands spotless... See pics
Posted By: boatman025

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 05:49 PM

Use power tune and spray through intake with motor running
We can do it take about half hour plus a can of power tune

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 07:09 PM

The pictures above are using the water technique or seafoam?

I run seafoam in my gas, but would like to do an acute process once or twice a year.

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 07:11 PM

Seafoam deepcreep.

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 07:44 PM

Do you do do a specific process?

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 07:52 PM

Same as in this link which is a good read. Spray straight into the carbs. See link below

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/149269-dunk-s-decarb-method.html

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Cat finder
Same as in this link which is a good read. Spray straight into the carbs. See link below

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/149269-dunk-s-decarb-method.html

So you dont use the spare tank...you just simply spray in the carbs while its idling?

Sorry for all the questions.
Posted By: bowfin

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 09:18 PM

good info

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 09:30 PM

No worries. I only spray in the carbs. Since I was a kid I've seen engines with zero maintenance run awesome after. Back then it was either water or some kinda carb cleaner. After Seafoam developed deepcreep that's all I've used. Same can be said fort the pics above. Those looked terrible before. Should of taken pics.

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Cat finder
No worries. I only spray in the carbs. Since I was a kid I've seen engines with zero maintenance run awesome after. Back then it was either water or some kinda carb cleaner. After Seafoam developed deepcreep that's all I've used. Same can be said fort the pics above. Those looked terrible before. Should of taken pics.

So you warm the engine up...spray some in each carb. Then do you let cool and start up again? Do this over and over until it doesnt smoke much?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 11:10 PM

Power tune has always worked for me. Once a year everyone should give their sled a dose.

Re: decarbing - 11/09/17 11:20 PM

Pretty much sometimes I'll let the motor bog down and cut off on its Own. I'm a fan of the tank method as well. Mostly for cleaning injectors and jets tho. To each his own i just don't put additives in my gas or oil on anything i own unless I'm trying to do a quick clean. On said parts. Something about putting extra stuff in that wasn't meant to be from the factory doesn't sit right with me. Guess you can call me a purest lol.smh
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum