Texas Fishing Forum

Crank Bait Reels

Posted By: Texasdeepv

Crank Bait Reels - 10/01/17 04:15 PM

Like the title states... im in the market for a crank bait reel but is it just me or are the 5.1:1 reels harder to get than before? Am i missing something?

I wanted to post in the classified section looking to buy but for whatever reason it wont let me post in there.

Thanks
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Crank Bait Reels - 10/02/17 06:27 PM

The faster the reels get, the more obsolete the earlier/slower ones will become.

Sports Academy H20 reels come in all speeds, and they are really good "budge" reels!

...------
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Crank Bait Reels - 10/02/17 11:01 PM

I don’t think they are hard to find I have a tatula, Ora xs, and a bb1 pro all in a 5 gear all purchased recently
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Crank Bait Reels - 10/05/17 04:54 PM

Yes, there are fewer options, but the reels they make now should last longer, I HOPE!!!!!!!!! I still have a BUNCH of Curado B5, 200 reels that work GREAT, but they are getting harder to find and harder to work on if you need work done on them. The Revo Orra Winch is a 5.4:1 reel, and the BB1 comes in 5.1:1 with a 160 yard spoool on it, HRAD to beat that. I saw the other day that the BB1 Pro was on sale at TW and they had it for $180. TUFF to beat that reel at that price, too, but it is gone now and the New BB1 Pros are all above the requested 5....:1 gear ratio. They still do have a BB1 for $160 that is 5.1:1. Here is a link to it:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_BB-1_Speed_Spool_Casting_Reel/descpage-BBOC.html

But, I do not have any ties to TW, neither. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum