Texas Fishing Forum

Flippin' stick opinion wanted!

Posted By: i-Fish

Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/05/17 09:25 PM

Some guys prefer a 7' flipping stick while others like 7' 11" or 8'. What are your personal experiences? I currently just make do with a 7' that's on the heavier side in power but am looking for a dedicated broom stick. Also, some prefer a medium heavy while others prefer heavy or extra heavy. Again, your experiences are appreciated!

Re: Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/06/17 06:26 PM

ttt
Posted By: progolferv1

Re: Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/06/17 09:18 PM

7.5 and heavy with braid. like to pull those fish out of the junk
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/07/17 02:06 AM

I switched to a medium heavy from a heavy because I use braid. Primarily because I found I lost a lot of fish from to hard a hook set as say a t-rig on flourcarbon. I watched a Greg Hackney video clip and this was his recommendation. So it depends a lot on what line you use. I have a TFO 7.3 I really like.

Re: Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/07/17 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: 2015fordnut
I switched to a medium heavy from a heavy because I use braid. Primarily because I found I lost a lot of fish from to hard a hook set as say a t-rig on flourcarbon. I watched a Greg Hackney video clip and this was his recommendation. So it depends a lot on what line you use. I have a TFO 7.3 I really like.

Great point. I currently use braid but will use flouro when the proper conditions present themselves. Something to think about. Thanks.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/15/17 07:29 PM

Depends on what your budget is, if it not too high, I would look at the Dobyns Fury lineup. They have a 7'6" and an 8' flipping stick, I have the 7'6" and love it, great rod for the applications. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. OH, here is a lin to that page of Dobyns rods:

http://dobynsrods.com/rods/fury/

Thad Rains
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Flippin' stick opinion wanted! - 05/16/17 10:59 PM

I have a mojo bass frog n slop rid I have been flipping with and I really like it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum