Texas Fishing Forum

Carbon X Rods, Ardent Reels

Posted By: Larry M

Carbon X Rods, Ardent Reels - 05/12/16 11:19 PM

Anyone swinging Carbon X sticks? And or running Ardent Reels. I have been looking at updating my gear and want Made in USA. Any Feed back pros/cons, likes/dislikes. I looked at Ardent years ago but they seemed heavy.

Thx
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Carbon X Rods, Ardent Reels - 05/13/16 02:54 PM

If you want made in USA Ardent reels you will have to look on ebay for the Edge models the new Apex reels are made across the pond in China. I have both Edge and Apex reels and just flat love them. The Apex is a little smaller and liter but works great. You may also try contacting Ardent direct they may still have some of the made in USA reels in stock.
Posted By: Larry M

Re: Carbon X Rods, Ardent Reels - 05/14/16 01:00 AM

Good info Thanks Joe.
Posted By: bigfishwilb

Re: Carbon X Rods, Ardent Reels - 05/30/16 02:33 PM

I only use ardent reels and carbon x rods. Best rod I have ever used. Hard to get new ones through. Been with ardent Reels now for 2 years. Best reel I've used. Apex Grand cannot be beat.

I'm in process of selling some Ardents from last season to make room for this years batch. Contact if your interested in any. Selling per Apex Elites (6.5 gear) and Apex Magnum (6.5 gear). The magnum has slightly wider spool. Selling each for $90. Only used one season. Mint condition. Will have line on them. Some have braid some have mono.
Contact is interested.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum