Texas Fishing Forum

Shimano Stradic 3000fi

Posted By: Jason1976

Shimano Stradic 3000fi - 05/02/16 02:23 AM

This is my favorite reel. While fishing saturday grease started leaking on my hand. At first i didnt know where it was coming from then i noticed the bearing down by the paddle handle is where it was coming from. Anybody else had this happen. This reel is about 5 years old and still smooth as silk. Hoping i can get a bearing for it dont know how available parts are through shimano. Any adavice would be great
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Shimano Stradic 3000fi - 05/02/16 10:55 PM

Did you happen to over grease/oil it? Just asking, as I have never encountered this situation with any reel, that wasn't my own doing...if you greased/oiled it break it back down and wipe off the excess...and don't worry about it.

Shimano has any/all bearings/parts you might need...I don't work on them myself and almost never grease/oil them...I would send it back to the factory for repairs....if there was a real problem with it...those guys can/will essentially refurbish it back to factory spec at decent prices, relative to you getting the part and having someone else fix it...if you can do it yourself, you might save a little money, but your time working on it will be much longer than say their trained professionals...plus, they notice things that you might not. Hope this information helps... 2cents

Re: Shimano Stradic 3000fi - 05/02/16 11:57 PM

I dropped it off dt southwest reel today. It needed a service job anyway. The guy said it was an easy fix

Re: Shimano Stradic 3000fi - 05/02/16 11:58 PM

That bearing is $6.00 gonna have it cleaned and lubed up
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum