Texas Fishing Forum

Curado 100B question

Posted By: robster

Curado 100B question - 04/28/16 09:40 PM

anyone still fish the 100B Curados? ive seen a few here and there for sale at decent prices. could use an extra reel or two. are they built well? smooth?
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Curado 100B question - 04/28/16 11:24 PM

I fish with them they are as smooth. Just like any other reel they will need to be cleaned from time to time. It's not my work horse so to speak I use them for top water, flukes, etc.
Posted By: robster

Re: Curado 100B question - 04/28/16 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: whnigt
I fish with them they are as smooth. Just like any other reel they will need to be cleaned from time to time. It's not my work horse so to speak I use them for top water, flukes, etc.

is it mostly a finesse/smaller bait reel?
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Curado 100B question - 04/29/16 12:12 AM

I don't use it as a finesse reel. It's a solid workhorse reel. I will say though, I use a Revo Premier as a worm/jig reel because of the stronger drag, but this reel has literally seen hundreds of pounds of fish for the 12+ years I've owned it. I replaced the standard handle with one off of a newer Curado that was bigger. I wouldn't hesitate a minute if a found one for the right price.
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Curado 100B question - 04/29/16 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: robster
Originally Posted By: whnigt

is it mostly a finesse/smaller bait reel?

Yes a finesse/smaller reel for me.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Curado 100B question - 04/29/16 03:16 PM

I have a number of them (10). They are almost bullet proof. My oldest one is maybe 20 years old. Easy to work on. I clean my own at least once a year. I just bought two "new" to me reels for $70 each. They are very clean reels in almost new condition.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Curado 100B question - 04/29/16 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: "Old School"
I don't use it as a finesse reel. It's a solid workhorse reel. I will say though, I use a Revo Premier as a worm/jig reel because of the stronger drag, but this reel has literally seen hundreds of pounds of fish for the 12+ years I've owned it. I replaced the standard handle with one off of a newer Curado that was bigger. I wouldn't hesitate a minute if a found one for the right price.

Im thinking about buying a brand new in box Super Free if the price is right. Might just hold on to it as sort of a "collector's item"
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Curado 100B question - 05/01/16 02:01 AM

Curado 100, 200 & e7 are the best reels out there.

I personally have several 200b's and plus some SF Curado,s.
They are built like a Sherman tank.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Curado 100B question - 05/05/16 04:01 AM

Nathan,

If you do NOT buy the SF, give me a PM and I will buy it, or you buy it and I will buy it from you. GREAT REELS. I have 13 200Bs and as stated, they are bullet proof. Keep them clean and they seem to last forever. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum