Texas Fishing Forum

Hydro dipped a reel

Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Hydro dipped a reel - 04/04/16 03:24 AM

Started learning hydro dipping and dipped this baitcaster tonight. Pretty happy with it...it will be something else we offer at Steve-O's Reel Service

Posted By: Fly chef

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/04/16 05:14 AM

Looks great
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/04/16 05:38 PM

Oh man I may have to pm you on this. What all do need to start doing something like this? Looks great!

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/04/16 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
Oh man I may have to pm you on this. What all do need to start doing something like this? Looks great!

Sounds good
Posted By: D Miner

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/04/16 08:15 PM

Go on youtube and there are lots of videos on how to hydro dip. It doesn't appear to require a lot of equipment.

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/05/16 09:42 PM

Thanks ill check it out

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/06/16 01:01 AM

Thanks ill check it out

It's pretty straight forward Nate

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/06/16 06:17 PM

From the little research I did it sure does seem like it. Which kit did you go with? Assuming you bought a kit. The one I was looking at was $69 for a starter kit from www.mydipkit.com

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/06/16 06:17 PM

One of my Tatula's is starting to get some bad rash (im not super easy on my personal reels lol) So I was thinking next time I serviced it I would try dipping it.

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/08/16 12:25 AM

From the little research I did it sure does seem like it. Which kit did you go with? Assuming you bought a kit. The one I was looking at was $69 for a starter kit from www.mydipkit.com

http://www.hydrodip.com/shop/?CategoryID=208

I went with this one but bear in mind the little paint sprayer they give you is not great but they are very helpful...I have two hvlp guns I use...I started using ohw paint which I like better than the base coat they have

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/08/16 05:29 PM

Ive seen a few different ways of hydro dipping now. What all need s to be done to the reel to get it ready? Is there sanding involved?

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/09/16 01:54 AM

Ive seen a few different ways of hydro dipping now. What all need s to be done to the reel to get it ready? Is there sanding involved?

Yeah sand it with 320 and then clean well with a good grease and wax remover...shoot base and let cure then dip

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/11/16 09:15 PM

Does that include sanding the frame? Id be worried about throwing tolerances off by sanding too much. I need to find a junk reel I guess and do some practicing. Thanks for help Steve!

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/11/16 09:16 PM

I think I answered my own question lol. You just want to sand the parts that are getting painted or "dipped"

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/12/16 04:30 AM

I think I answered my own question lol. You just want to sand the parts that are getting painted or "dipped"

Yes sir
Posted By: David Stidham

Re: Hydro dipped a reel - 04/18/16 02:47 AM

Looks grewt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum