Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon rods

Posted By: robster

Falcon rods - 02/29/16 12:22 AM

anyone here a fan of Falcon rods? i dont hear them mentioned much. was looking at the new Lowrider 20 rods at academy and thought they were really nice. fuji components. made in use. very light. anyone a fan of their rods and anyone use this particular rod?
Posted By: Joseph H

Re: Falcon rods - 02/29/16 01:55 PM

I own 5 Falcon Caras. 2 6 ft. spinning, 2 6.6 ft casting and 1 7ft casting. These are great rods that I use in between my St. Croixs (Legends and Mojos), G Loomis' (E6X's and GL2s) and All Star Titaniums. And they hold up to the others which are more expensive.

I owned one Low Rider once and really liked it a lot but sold it and stuck with the Caras, since they are a better made rod and incorporate alconite guides which matters because I use braid almost exclusively.
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Falcon rods - 02/29/16 04:54 PM

I do have a falcon spinning rod for sale here if ya wanna save a few bucks on a goodun!!
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Falcon rods - 03/01/16 09:04 PM

I have been fishing Falcon rods for years. I think they are great rods!
Posted By: Bryanj

Re: Falcon rods - 03/02/16 01:24 AM

My son has one of the Lowrider 20's and it is a great rod. I personally have 15 or so Cara T7's and love them. I think the Lowrider will have a tough time making it because I feel it's at a bad price point. I am going to pay $199 for the Cara before I pay $169 for the Lowrider. If it was a $129-$139 rod I think it would sell like crazy
Posted By: Sschofield

Re: Falcon rods - 03/04/16 08:34 PM

Great rods!! Pretty sensitive!
Posted By: 374 Trigger

Re: Falcon rods - 03/05/16 12:25 AM

Great Rods and Tackle Warehouse has them on sale
Posted By: Cajun Bass Buster

Re: Falcon rods - 03/10/16 11:42 PM

I have one of the Lowrider 20 rods. I have the same model in the Cara line. For the price, I wouldn't hesitate to get another Lowrider. I've used the Cara and Lowrider rods for years and have no complaints. Falcon makes an excellent rod.
Posted By: arlnitro14

Re: Falcon rods - 03/17/16 02:14 PM

Love my lowrider and my HD's.
Posted By: soap

Re: Falcon rods - 03/28/16 06:23 AM

Love the low rider. I have 3 of them. And castaway makes good rods too.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Falcon rods - 03/29/16 03:13 AM

I have a few St. Croix and G. Loomis rods that are way more expensive, but I always seem to be using a Falcon Lowrider the most. Light enough, balanced well, and like you said, are built with quality components.
Posted By: Ram4bass

Re: Falcon rods - 04/05/16 03:08 PM

Bought one. Fished for a day and then returned it. Maybe I got a bad one, but the reel seat kept coming loose. Went back to my favorite TFO.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum