Texas Fishing Forum

Curado E5 Reel repair HELP!!!

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Curado E5 Reel repair HELP!!! - 02/17/16 09:55 PM

I have 2 of these reels, one works just fine, the other one no matter what i do the spool is pretty tight and the only way i can cast it more than 10-12 ft out is with a really heavy crankbait... I dont know what would cause this but if anyone has any ideas or tips on what I can do to repair it. Also the side cover on the reel will not stay clipped, it comes undone after 10-15 casts like something is wound up inside and pushes it out... I have about 3 reels that were good but I need video reference or something on how to make them like new again as far as getting them cleaned up and working properly again!!!

Thanks for any and all input!!!
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Curado E5 Reel repair HELP!!! - 02/18/16 09:16 PM

Really hard to tell with out taking them apart and looking at one my self. Im actually the process of cleaning several of these very reels. The side plate just locks into place. Their are 3 little "ears" on the plastic part that holds the bearing. Those "ears then slide into 3 grooves that are made onto the reel frame. Might check for damage on the plastic piece. If one or more of those "ears" are worn down it might be allowing itself to vibrate loose eventually. Other than that its a pretty simple set up.

As far as the spool tension goes does it get worse or better when you adjust the tension knob at all? Also check on the spool for an improperly installed spool pin that could be causing it to possibly hang up on the pinion gear. Other than that im not sure why there would that much tension on the spool? ALso try flushing and re lubing your bearings. IF one or both are corroded or clogged with gunk that could cause issues.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum