Texas Fishing Forum

Opinions on Bass Pro Rods

Posted By: Bob Landry

Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/19/15 12:41 PM

How are they? I have only bought one Bass Pro item, a chair pedestal base, and it was the most poorly manufactured thing I have ever seen and I swore off any store brand stuff. Store brand items appear to be knock-offs made in China and sell for more than the name brand manufactured gear.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/19/15 03:19 PM

I bought three of their rods about 10 years ago and they have been good rods in my opinion. I used them until my recent retirement when I purchased new rods and reels.
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/19/15 07:15 PM

IMHO they are fair to middling.

For $100 I can get a TFO Signature rod with cork handle. That TFO feels better to me than any rod that Bass Pro puts their name on.

For $150 I can get a TFO Tactical rod with cork handle. At least twice the rod the Signature is and to me worlds better than any BPS rod.
Posted By: propman

Re: Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/19/15 08:07 PM

I've been buying and using Bass Pro Extreme rods for many years and now have about a dozen. Use them for every type of fishing and have them probably in all size ranges. Most are bait caters but I do have a couple of spinning rods as well. Love them and in all the time I've had them I've only had one break and it was during the warranty period and they replaced it with no issues. I even have a couple of the Extreme travel rods that I took to Mexico and caught many 10# bass using them, again with no issues. Taking them again when I go this year.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/19/15 09:14 PM

A BP Carbonite rod came with my Pflueger President spinning rod, and it's been just fine. If and when I land a 10 lb largemouth, I'll let you know how it held up!

...------
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/19/15 10:10 PM

had 3 of them the line guides came out or off all of them with hard use not abuse, they were great on an exchange for another brand TFO
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: Opinions on Bass Pro Rods - 09/20/15 02:54 AM

For the price you can't beat the carbonlites.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum