Texas Fishing Forum

Shimano curado

Posted By: LukeAnderson

Shimano curado - 08/03/15 04:48 AM

A guy at Bass Pro told me that the curados from two years ago were manufactured cheaper and he was at some convention in Florida and they were talkin [censored] about that model. I have one that ip backlashes every time I throw it no matter how the cast control is Set. Should I try to send that to shimano or just go to a shimano repair place? Does anyone have trouble with that years curado?
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Shimano curado - 08/03/15 10:50 AM

I'm assuming you are referring to the "G" series of Curados. They were definitely made cheaper than prior models, but that doesn't make them bad reels. I wouldn't have paid regular retail for them, but Academy had them on clearance for $60, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Have you tried adjusting the VBS brakes, they are internal?
Posted By: LukeAnderson

Re: Shimano curado - 08/04/15 07:41 AM

Good to know. I have not. How do I do that. I have the green model "g" series I think.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Shimano curado - 08/04/15 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiefLA3
Good to know. I have not. How do I do that. I have the green model "g" series I think.

They are under the side cover...just open it and you will see little "hats" on pins around the spool...just push the hats up on the shaft and they will click loose...I'd do three for starters
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum