Texas Fishing Forum

Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1

Posted By: RonL

Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/14/15 02:00 AM

Got a question about the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new BB1 Pro . When you take the palm side cover off with the dial and you see the 6 blue brake shoe tips , do you adjust any or just use the control dial ??

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/14/15 12:36 PM

Hopefully everyone on this forum is out fishing, not many are doing any replies . helpsign
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/14/15 02:27 PM

I just use the dial. I've never even taken the side plate off.
Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/14/15 04:14 PM

I do not own one, but have been looking at them. From what I understand, you shouldn't adjust the brakes. The twenty something clicks on the dial are all you really need to adjust the tension.

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/14/15 07:49 PM

Thank you Streetwalker and 67TexasTBend for replying to my post and giving me an answer .
Posted By: serg1001

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/15/15 07:31 AM

I have this reel. You only adjust it from the outside. Those blue brake shoe tips you are talking about should not be moved. At least to my understanding they shouldn't.

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/15/15 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: serg1001
I have this reel. You only adjust it from the outside. Those blue brake shoe tips you are talking about should not be moved. At least to my understanding they shouldn't.

Thank you for the info ! My first BB1 so it's a new toy for me .
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/15/15 04:14 PM

I start by turning 3 off.

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/15/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
I'm not familiar what you mean by turning 3 off ? Please fill me in .
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/15/15 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: RonL

What forkduc is referring to is the setting of a standard centrifugal braking system in which you can raise or lower the "hats" to increase or decrease the braking system on those types of reels. On the lews it has the new externally adjustable centrifugal braking system in which you make your braking adjustments externally which up until now was only done with reels that had magnetic brakes. You do not need to do anything with the blue hats inside the reel, as stated earlier all adjustments are done on the dial externally. Nice reel, would like to try one some day.

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/16/15 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

What forkduc is referring to is the setting of a standard centrifugal braking system in which you can raise or lower the "hats" to increase or decrease the braking system on those types of reels. On the lews it has the new externally adjustable centrifugal braking system in which you make your braking adjustments externally which up until now was only done with reels that had magnetic brakes. You do not need to do anything with the blue hats inside the reel, as stated earlier all adjustments are done on the dial externally. Nice reel, would like to try one some day.

Thanks for your input and info .

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/16/15 03:52 AM

Thanks for your input and info .

Gladly
Posted By: serg1001

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/16/15 05:26 AM

I just barely tried my new BB1 PRO for the first time this past weekend. I didn't do much cranking so I did not use it much at all. But it did feel very smooth and the distance is pretty good. Get yourself one when you can.

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/16/15 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: serg1001

I just barely tried my new BB1 PRO for the first time this past weekend. I didn't do much cranking so I did not use it much at all. But it did feel very smooth and the distance is pretty good. Get yourself one when you can.

I think I might thank you for that.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Question, the Adjustable Centrifugal Brake on the new Lews' BB1 - 06/16/15 05:18 PM

Adjust right side where spool stops when lure hits floor with rod straight out, left side on 7-8. that will get you started. I got 47.5 yds with 1/2oz lure measured distance. A 1oz jig head will almost empty the reel with larger line, I went to Stren Magnathin 20 and it is perfect for me. I use mine several trips a week and love it, the best fresh water reel I have.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum