Texas Fishing Forum

Catfish spinning rod n reel?

Posted By: Cole Miller

Catfish spinning rod n reel? - 05/28/15 06:01 PM

Need suggestions for a spinning rod n reel for catfish, i want one thats not too big and bulky to carry around. I want something thats small and light enough for me to walk with down creeks and streams but has to be strong enough for a good sized channel, small blue or flatty. I can mix and match or do a combo, just dont want it to be outrageousley expensive. Thanks grin
Posted By: catman89

Re: Catfish spinning rod n reel? - 05/28/15 06:23 PM

it depends on how much you wanna spend all I buy now is Stella spinning reels ... I still have my old tiger combo rod and reel and has held up 40+ pound blue catfish
Posted By: Dave P

Re: Catfish spinning rod n reel? - 05/28/15 09:41 PM

I have a 6'6" Ugly Stik with a Pflueger reel, not too heavy, cost about $80 or so, and can handle both small or large fish.
Posted By: centxhunter

Re: Catfish spinning rod n reel? - 05/29/15 07:08 PM

I like an Okuma Baitfeeder 40 on an Ugly Stik
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Catfish spinning rod n reel? - 05/30/15 05:38 PM

ACADEMY HAS A PENN PURSUIT PAIR THAT WITH A PRO ANGLER ALL FOR AROUND 90 BUCKS IT IS A SMOOTH CAST AND A WORKHORSE I GOT TWO OF EM AND THEY CAN HANDLE ANY FISH YOU PUT ON IT!!!
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Catfish spinning rod n reel? - 06/05/15 03:10 AM

My "working-man prices" recommendation for spinning reels, fishing for any kind of fish, is always the Pflueger President. It kills at a decent price. The rod, well, mine came with a Bass Pro Carbonite, and I also like the H20 Ethos from Sports Academy!

...wisdom
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum