Texas Fishing Forum

Best bass fishing spinning reel?

Posted By: Ridintriton

Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 08/28/14 01:22 PM

Alright, I have my favorite baitcasters, but haven't found a spinning reel that I am overly crazy about. I have several but none that really stand out to me. I want to hear some opinions of the best spinning reel that money can buy. Can be a reel that is currently produced or one that is no longer being made. I am referring to bass fishing reels for use with light line(6-10 lb fluro) and used for techniques such as drop shots, shakey heads, split shots, etc.
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 08/28/14 07:00 PM

I've got the Lew's Team Gold Carbon reels. Been very happy with them. You can also look into some of the JDM reels.

I'm not rich so I need to balance price vs performance. There are some awesome $350+ spinning reels out there.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 08/28/14 07:41 PM

"of the best spinning reel that money can buy."

I've fished for trout using light line on a $60 Shimano Spirex, a $100 Shimano Symetre, and a $600+ Shimano Stella. Hard to say which was "the best".
Posted By: greenen

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 08/29/14 05:55 PM

If it was up to me I'd buy the best Shimano you could afford. Per Tallgrass above I'd agree but I'd make it a Shimano.
Posted By: Chatterbait

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 08/29/14 10:50 PM

Two years ago Shimano added the line propulsion management system to their spinning reels. It minimizes line twist better than my older more expensive Shimanos and it comes in the low end sienna all the way to the high end stella. The sahara and symetre are the models I'd consider. I fish symetres a lot.

Looks like we have a consensus regarding your question.

Here's a Shimano Symetre victim from this morning. 6 lb line so I had to be careful. Took 10-15 minutes to get em in.

Posted By: ALLANGT

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/14/14 03:12 AM

I have a Saros 3000 spooled with 20lb PowerPro that has handled bass, snook, bonefish, reds, trout, sharks, and cudas.
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/14/14 04:19 AM

Shimanos really are the smoothest for the money
Posted By: Herb Peoples

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/14/14 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Ridintriton
Alright, I have my favorite baitcasters, but haven't found a spinning reel that I am overly crazy about. I have several but none that really stand out to me. I want to hear some opinions of the best spinning reel that money can buy. Can be a reel that is currently produced or one that is no longer being made. I am referring to bass fishing reels for use with light line(6-10 lb fluro) and used for techniques such as drop shots, shakey heads, split shots, etc.

The spinning reel that I have a lot confidence in is the Abu Garcia Revo SX30. I love this reel because it's lightweight and of it's very smooth and strong drag system.
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/21/14 01:33 PM

The plueger presidente for 60 bucks will out cast and outcatch pretty much any spinning reel on the market. For the price it has the MOST ball bearings of any spinning reel out there I have two of them and they are plain amazing!!!
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/21/14 03:52 PM

Shimano Stradic
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/29/14 09:14 PM

Shimano Symetre
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Best bass fishing spinning reel? - 09/30/14 01:09 AM

If you want the best money can buy a shimano stella 2500 or even a daiwa certate in the same size would be my next option.I would say the certate for half the price of the stella is the best for the money.The certate is awesome.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum