Texas Fishing Forum

hendrix rods

Posted By: csc76

hendrix rods - 01/07/10 06:35 PM

anybody else waiting on a rod? Mine is 2 months overdue and now no website no phone number and no rod. Do you think I will ever get it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 06:38 PM

You may want to contact one of the members here that have the Hendrix logo in their signature or are pro staff for Hendrix to see if they can make contact.

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 06:51 PM

Thanks Mark i was hoping it would show up at my door. I talked to the guy twice and he said he was having some problems. I told him I would be patient because as a small business owner I understood but now im getting nervous. So i guess ill hunt a hedrix guy on here.
Posted By: JPost

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 07:03 PM

He makes great sticks, but is unnerving waiting for delivery.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 07:04 PM

i saw a post with a Hendrix rods logo.. bassitup is the TFF'ers handle

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 07:29 PM

Thanks evan i will check him out and see if he can help.
Posted By: JG ZX250

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 08:17 PM

Try This:
http://www.fishermike.com/rods.html
Posted By: reinke

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 10:51 PM

I do not think you'll have that rod in time for our trip. Fishing World got my new GLoomis in today.HAHA

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 11:08 PM

You know i think you might be right. Thats what i get for trying to be agood guy, three days at falcon with nothing but fairy wands. I should have just gone to see Key and Royce.

Re: hendrix rods - 01/07/10 11:10 PM

Oh ya reinke i here them Glooms break when you swing seven pounders in the boat. Im just saying. lol.
Posted By: bassitup

Re: hendrix rods - 01/08/10 02:36 AM

i havent talked to mike ina bit but ill see if i can find out whats up. that doesnt sound like him so ill let u know. you can always go to fun n sun in hurst and find out too he is a great guy so i am sure there is a very good reason
Posted By: bikeman

Re: hendrix rods - 01/08/10 06:09 AM

Is this the guy that used to work at Academy on Bryant Irvin rd?

Re: hendrix rods - 01/08/10 06:20 PM

yes
Posted By: JPeel

Re: hendrix rods - 01/09/10 02:13 AM

I tried to call him yesterday and got his voice mail. When I talked to him in December he said he would be back in the FnS shop after the first of the year.

I'll let you know if I talk to him soon.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: hendrix rods - 01/09/10 07:03 AM

I talked to him last week. I also have had a rod on order for 2 months. Mike is a great guy and has been going through some business issues. Getting in touch with him is hit and miss lately. He said he would make good on all orders and I believe him. We'll see.

Re: hendrix rods - 01/14/10 09:52 PM

I talked to mike, he said he would be back at fun-n-sun this week.

Re: hendrix rods - 01/15/10 08:35 PM

I hope he is there making rods. A 7 ft extra heavy to be exact,but I guess we will just have to see.

Re: hendrix rods - 02/06/10 11:38 PM

Well month number three.

Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: hendrix rods - 02/06/10 11:56 PM

Did you guys pay for these rods when you ordered them or when you get them? Just curious.

Jason

Re: hendrix rods - 02/09/10 06:27 AM

i have talked to him and he is working. give him a call.
Posted By: USA-1

Re: hendrix rods - 02/09/10 10:26 PM

wow....waiting this long is JUST WRONG !!! A guy like him should know better. Dude, send him his rod asap!!!

Re: hendrix rods - 02/10/10 04:11 AM

Maybe there were circumstances that kept him from pursuing production at the time. Call and find out instead of pissing and moaning on the internet.

817-229-9341
Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: hendrix rods - 02/11/10 05:22 PM

Yeah pissing and moaning looking for what he ordered huh?
I am looking for a custom, but now I know where not to get one.
CSC is a customer and should be taken care of.
What is an avg. time most guys take for a turn around on custom rod?
3 months seems long.
Anyway I will probably just stay with the GLoomis GLXs

Re: hendrix rods - 02/11/10 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: longhorn_cop
Yeah pissing and moaning looking for what he ordered huh?
I am looking for a custom, but now I know where not to get one.
CSC is a customer and should be taken care of.
What is an avg. time most guys take for a turn around on custom rod?
3 months seems long.
Anyway I will probably just stay with the GLoomis GLXs
it is pissing and moaning when he makes no mention of trying to call him. all he says is no website no phone. if i ordered something like that i would have some contact info from the start.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: hendrix rods - 02/11/10 08:04 PM

The web site is back up. Mike is answering his phone. I picked up my rod from him yesterday and he repaired a guide on one of his other rods for free. There have been some issues going on that he has not been at liberty to make public and he is very sorry for the delays. Call him and he will make it right. He was making rods when I saw him at Fun-N-Sun yesterday. He's a good guy going through a rough time. But his product is awesome.
Posted By: dimitri

Re: hendrix rods - 02/15/10 02:02 AM

i will vouch for mike. he is a great guy.hope he takes care of you ASAP.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: hendrix rods - 02/17/10 06:33 PM

Here we go again.
Posted By: bighawgdawg

Re: hendrix rods - 02/21/10 10:27 PM

When I wasn't working 2 jobs, I would build 6 rods in a day, then the next day glass all 6, then the end of the next day they would be ready to fish. Now I can still build a couple rods in an evening, and still get them out in 3 days MAX, Even workin 2 real jobs. I'm sure he has had some kind of set back or personal issues like we all do, but he really should be in contact with anyone that he is doing business with.
Posted By: crawrod

Re: hendrix rods - 02/23/10 01:50 AM

First I would like to thank everyone for all the support. Yes we were hurt this past year. Some of it my fault some of it the economy. I will take care of csc76. I pm'd him and asked him to call me. I have been overwhelmed at times in the past, so I have someone taking care of the buisness end of Hendrix Rods now. Leaving me to build rods. Please forgive us we did not intend to mislead anyone. We just ran out of resources. By the good Lord's grace we are workig our way back. We ask that you Please continue to support us we will work harder, faster, longer to get out this great product. We do not want to let our dream go. God Bless, and good fishing Michael
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: hendrix rods - 03/19/10 11:46 PM

Michael is building me a rod right now, and I have heard nothing but good things about him and his product, sorry for your situation, but from what I hear you will be happy you waited!!! I can't wait for mine, my Dad's cousin has used his products for years and swears by them!!!

Re: hendrix rods - 03/20/10 04:40 AM

i used the crud out of my hendrix rod today and have no complaints whatsoever........well except for the fact that i could use four or five more.
Posted By: fishmansbethalf

Re: hendrix rods - 03/20/10 02:19 PM

CSC76 got his rod about two weeks ago,I guess he is too busy fishing with his new Hendrix Rod.Haven't heard from him lately,
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: hendrix rods - 03/20/10 02:26 PM

I hope all goes well for Michael. Times have been hard.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: hendrix rods - 03/20/10 02:42 PM

I have 2 and love them, just waiting for Mike to run another special.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: hendrix rods - 03/20/10 08:14 PM

I just ordered one last week and he is still honoring his special that is posted on his website!
Originally Posted By: forkduc
I have 2 and love them, just waiting for Mike to run another special.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum