Texas Fishing Forum

G-Loomis or St. Croix

Posted By: Mountain

G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/19/08 04:56 PM

We have the opportunity at Gander Mtn. in Tyler to either carry a 40+ rod sku of either G-Loomis or St Croix rods. Both are exceptional in quality. I would like some feedback from fisherman and women on your thoughts.

Aaron.
Posted By: Robert R

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/19/08 05:13 PM

Aaron,
They are both great rods, but I'd recommend Loomis based on reputation. I personally prefer the St. Croixs, but Loomis is widely believed to be the best rods made. I believe the Loomis name will sell more rods for you and that is what you after.

Robert
Posted By: aggiegolfer

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/19/08 05:25 PM

of the 2, the St. Croix Premier series is probably the best from a cost/performance standpoint...fwiw.

a rack full of GL2's would probably sell better though...

Slight highjack...

Aaron, does the Gander there have any of the Rapala XLT rods left? The one in College Station had a few spinning and casting rods on closeout for $50, and it's just a fantastic rod at that price point.
Posted By: 82ndAngler

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/19/08 07:46 PM

I use St. Croix and have always had great luck with them. I've used a couple of G.Loomis, but dollar for dollar I like St. Croix
Posted By: The Natural

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 02:51 AM

If you plan to be a retailer where serious bass anglers shop...you need to carry both lines.
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: The Natural
If you plan to be a retailer where serious bass anglers shop...you need to carry both lines.

I agree they are both great products I personally prefer the GLoomis.
Posted By: jason martin

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 03:41 AM

So where does falcon rank on the list? Just wondering since I dropped $120 and thought I was doing good!
Posted By: LadyRodBuilder

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 07:34 AM

St.Croix is the way to go !!.. thumb..They are Made in the USA !!.. flag

ML... flag
Posted By: Dayne

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 09:22 AM

I have both and I like the Gloomis a better because it is lighter and more sensitive.
Posted By: triton20x

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 10:04 AM

G-loomis is the best in my opinion. Their customer service is awesome along with the no hassle rod replacement policy.
Posted By: 9874opf

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 10:06 AM

I have the Legend(was on clearance at cabelas) and I like it alot--really light but the blue paint is starting to chip. You can't really go wrong with Loomis either. Anymore with the advancements in rod building--any quality rod is going to be good. Just kinda personal preference I guess not really a black white issue. I try to find the good deals-- I like a rod MUCH better when I pay $20(like my Crucials) than I do my expensive rods.
Posted By: Pencil pusher

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 10:56 AM

Since you asked an "Either/Or" question, from a sales standpoint, the Loomis line is the way to go in your area. The Loomis line will have much more appeal to the Texas Bass fisherman than the St. Croix, even though both are quality rods. If you were in the North (Minnesota, Wisconsn, etc.) my answer would be just the opposite.
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Pencil pusher
Since you asked an "Either/Or" question, from a sales standpoint, the Loomis line is the way to go in your area. The Loomis line will have much more appeal to the Texas Bass fisherman than the St. Croix, even though both are quality rods. If you were in the North (Minnesota, Wisconsn, etc.) my answer would be just the opposite.

Pretty much sums it up. I worked for an outfitter in PA and they sold St Croix over Gloomis 3 to 1. I think it is more a regional preferance.

I use both and prefer each in different areas. Both are a good product.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 11:58 AM

Dobyns! better than Loomis...
Posted By: Mountain

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 12:12 PM

WOW! Great feedback, I believe I have the answer I was looking for. We are going to carry the G Loomis for 2009 as it is more recognized in Texas and we will have a good assortment. We will still have St. Croix rods in stock but not at the levels of the G Loomis.

Additional rods that will be stocked for 2009 are Falcon, H&H, Carrot stix, All Star, Castaway, Kistler, Gander mtn rods, ugly sticks, Berkley. Shimano.

Please continue to post!
Aaron
Posted By: David Parker

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 12:13 PM

Please let us know the wholesale price and your percent markup so that we may better assist you in choosing a marketing approach.Thanks.
Posted By: cwaldrop

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/20/08 12:16 PM

Check out:

www.customanglerods.com

more sensitive and efficient than all conventional fishing rods.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/21/08 04:53 PM

G Loomis by far.
Posted By: KO Bass Attack

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/22/08 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: cwaldrop
Check out:

www.customanglerods.com

The warranty ain't that great
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/22/08 08:49 PM

Much prefer G Loomis no contest.
Posted By: cwaldrop

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/22/08 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: KO Bass Attack
Originally Posted By: cwaldrop
Check out:

www.customanglerods.com

The warranty ain't that great

Compare it to others you pay 50 dollars for other manufactures and only 20 for Custom Angle Rods warranty reutrns. In addition there were only 9 rods that came back in 2007 b/c of personal error. Custom Angle Rods sent them back a brand new rod no questions asked. Read other manufactures warranties in detail I think you will be surprised. For the majority of Custom Angle Rods' customers it is never a problem. However if the warranty is not up to par, how can it be improved? What improvements need to be made.

My thinking is having a fishing rod that you don't have to worry about a warranty on is the best warranty of all.
Posted By: Robert R

Re: G-Loomis or St. Croix - 11/22/08 11:32 PM

cwaldrop,
Is it really necessary for you to whore Custom Angle rods on every post in this section. Your response in this thread isn't even relevant to the topic. Surely it's enough just to have them in your sig line.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum