Texas Fishing Forum

Carrot Stix

Posted By: MATTSUEY

Carrot Stix - 01/23/18 09:37 PM

let me start by saying i actually have 4 or 5 carrot stix rods,and i have been reasonably happy with them.I however broke 1 last spring and tried to utilize their "awesome" warranty. I contacted them,sent the broke rod,and even had the oppurtunity to upgrade for 20 bucks so i did,that was July 6th,i STILL have not received my replacement rod, and have contacted them monthly to ask, where in the hell is it? supposedly they are having trouble receiving line guides, they could have sent someone to China in a canoe and had them back by now. I would not recommend Carrot Stix if you're looking to purchase based on warranty,just FYI
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Carrot Stix - 01/23/18 10:13 PM

I bought one years ago, broke it the first time I set the hook.
Posted By: MATTSUEY

Re: Carrot Stix - 01/23/18 10:48 PM

i can guarantee ya i'll never buy another 1!
Posted By: MinMirny

Re: Carrot Stix - 01/24/18 06:54 AM

Thank you guys for sharing!
Posted By: pm0084

Re: Carrot Stix - 01/30/18 10:09 PM

I had a similar experience...not the best to deal with for sure. I am sure others may disagree, so I am only speaking from my experiences, but the best customer service and warranty I have used is with Abu Garcia rods. One was a defect and the other was my fault, they replaced both...and quick. They made a customer for life IMO.
Posted By: MinMirny

Re: Carrot Stix - 02/01/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: pm0084
I had a similar experience...not the best to deal with for sure. I am sure others may disagree, so I am only speaking from my experiences, but the best customer service and warranty I have used is with Abu Garcia rods. One was a defect and the other was my fault, they replaced both...and quick. They made a customer for life IMO.

Same here, with Okuma. Great experience with warranty rod replacement.
BTW had a huge disappointment with Abu rod in a past: lost HUGE fish. The rod was 30-50 lb, the line 30 lb, and the rod broke, with a terrible crash sound(!). Trophy fish gone..
I know those modern bass rods are totally different animals, but something prevents me from buying Abu rods ever since.
Posted By: DNA

Re: Carrot Stix - 02/13/18 03:24 PM

I had one carrot stik and was quite happy with it, but it was broken when I set hook.
Posted By: Nick From Minnesota

Re: Carrot Stix - 02/21/18 12:41 AM

I bought 2 XH carrot stix a while back and both of them, the eyelets broke. Brother bought 2 as well, both of his eyelets broke. Bought some nice replacement eyelets off of Jann's and probably my favorite rod to use, period.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum