Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics or Humminbird Card

Posted By: TX Strampion

Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/01/17 09:24 PM

Anyone compared the two recently in a Helix? I like Lakemaster Plus for most lakes, but it looks like they're being phased out for Smartstrike. I need one more good card and I'd like to get the brand currently offering the best mapping out of the box. Any knowledgeable input is appreciated.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/01/17 10:11 PM

You can check out the latest mapping for whatever lakes you fish from Navionics at: https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating
This will allow you to view the best mapping offered from Navionics without spending a dime to be sure you get the mapping that works best for you and where you fish mostly. This way if you can get a hold of the Lakemaster data, you can compare side by side.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/02/17 01:30 AM

I run lakemaster at console and navionics at bow. Honestly, I like some of the features lakemaster has with hummingbird units so I would go that route. For lake accuracy they are pretty even, on some lakes one is better and on other lakes the other card is more accurate. Neither are very far off.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/02/17 01:57 AM

I like my smart strike card in my onix unit. Very good mapping.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/02/17 07:44 AM

I personally like lake master the best because of the features on my hummingbird. It really depends on the lake as to which one is mapped better. I believe they reported several boats mapping Fork recently so there might be some updated info coming out on lakemaster soon.

I personally own a lakemaster and a navionics so I have the best for whatever lake I am on.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/05/17 03:51 PM

I use both as well.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Navionics or Humminbird Card - 11/05/17 10:01 PM

I have both. My lakemaster is a year old and is not accurate on eagle Mountain. I haven’t checked it at other lakes yet to see. Some humps are off by 80 ft or so on em. I need to check it again since I just put it in my new helix. The navionics is in my 1159 di and is very accurate so that is the one I use most of the time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum