Texas Fishing Forum

Nitro wheel studs

Posted By: dwmoore

Nitro wheel studs - 10/11/17 01:26 PM

Had new tires put on my 2013 Nitro z8 the other day tire guy stripped studs on one wheel.Spent 2 day going every auto parts an trailer place no studs to fit.Tried to find on internet nada.Finally got Nitro boats they have stopped making the hubs on these trailers an theses no studs to be found.Its an odd size there Elimitor brand hubs.Been down 2 weeks Nitro finally says they found me some we will see.If not will have to install new 150.00 hubs.No 1.50 part for a 40000 boat really.I will never let a impact to be used on my trailer again only with a lug wrench.Hope this helps some of you guys not to have this headache.Darrell
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Nitro wheel studs - 10/13/17 12:35 AM

That sucks!!! Hope you get it repaired soon DW as the fall bite is starting up.

Re: Nitro wheel studs - 10/13/17 01:28 AM

Me too keep sending me wrong studs
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: Nitro wheel studs - 10/16/17 01:31 AM

Why don't you take your hub to a axle company in fortworth and see if they can match your studs or just have them put new studs in for ya? Better than waiting on tracker for anything.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Nitro wheel studs - 10/16/17 12:14 PM

I had a Ford Ranger, that every time I took it to my tire shop I ended up sitting there while they waited for lug nuts to be delivered for my truck. It took me a long time to figure out that they were putting the nuts in the socket and starting them on the lugs with an air impact. The nut cross threads and runs the nut up tight but you don't know it until you go to change a tire that you can't get your wheel off. I don't know if saving 5 seconds per nut is really that critical or the guy is just trying to impress the boss with his speed at reinstalling wheels on the vehicle. I told the store manager what was happening right before I told him I was changing tire dealers. Have not been back to one of their branches since.

Re: Nitro wheel studs - 10/20/17 01:52 PM

Nitro called yesterday an there sending me whole new hub assembly for my boat.Took awhile but seems there stepping up to the plate.Happy happy happy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum