Texas Fishing Forum

Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3

Posted By: learnin to fish

Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 12:57 AM

What map chip has the best detail (road beds etc) for central Texas lakes? Specifically Lake Whitney and Waco. I have a HDS Gen 3.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 01:45 AM

You only have 1 choice, navionics.
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 08:18 AM

You can go on navionics website to see the mapping detail for various lakes. Go to navionics webapp
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 02:57 PM

I have the navionics hot maps platinum and premium. Save a few dollars and get the premium. Same contour detail just the platinum has satellite viwe and some panoramic views. Navionics seems to be pretty accurate for lake Whitney, especially for striper fishing

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 09:23 PM

Does the premium show submerged bridges and road beds like the iPhone app does?

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 10:00 PM

yes

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/17/17 11:49 PM

Thanks for the help Diesel. I appreciate you saving me a few $$.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/18/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel
I have the navionics hot maps platinum and premium. Save a few dollars and get the premium. Same contour detail just the platinum has satellite viwe and some panoramic views. Navionics seems to be pretty accurate for lake Whitney, especially for striper fishing

Actually the premium card was discontinued last year, your options are the Platinum card for $199 and the Nav+ Regions card for $149. The old premium cards did not have the Sonar Chart layer on them and they were only a 2GB card, now you can get the Nav+ regions for the same price but with the sonar chart layer loaded. The sonar chart layer is the layer that has any updates or user recordings added to them, which helps improve mapping daily.

The main difference between the Platinum and the Nav+ regions card is the Platinum offers 3d(where available) and the google overlays for land and water. If neither of those interest you, the Nav+ region is the way to go, they both have the exact same Nautical data, both have the sonar chart layer and both offer 1' contours.

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/19/17 01:33 AM

Great information, thanks so much for the help. Is there a way to connect my HDSGen3 and my Elite 7 so they share the same waypoints, transducer images etc? Or do I just need to go buy another HDSGen 3?

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/19/17 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Corey Stanley

Actually the premium card was discontinued last year, your options are the Platinum card for $199 and the Nav+ Regions card for $149. The old premium cards did not have the Sonar Chart layer on them and they were only a 2GB card, now you can get the Nav+ regions for the same price but with the sonar chart layer loaded. The sonar chart layer is the layer that has any updates or user recordings added to them, which helps improve mapping daily.

The main difference between the Platinum and the Nav+ regions card is the Platinum offers 3d(where available) and the google overlays for land and water. If neither of those interest you, the Nav+ region is the way to go, they both have the exact same Nautical data, both have the sonar chart layer and both offer 1' contours.

Good know, thanks thumb
Posted By: Compassman

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/19/17 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Corey Stanley

Thanks for Info.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Map chip for Lowrance GEN 3 - 09/20/17 07:21 PM

No problem guys, glad to help.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum