Texas Fishing Forum

Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ??

Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 07/28/17 09:23 PM

Does anyone on hear have the 93sv and can you help me set mine up. Looking for someone to go on the water in my boat and help with the set up. Thanks, I live on lake Lewisville
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 07/31/17 11:00 AM

Just start with factory settings. They're pretty good. The main thing would be to tweak the color schemes to your liking. I'd go with you if I wasn't 7 hours away. smile

SE Kansas grass grower

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 08/02/17 01:15 PM

thank you for your help. rocks and brush piles look the same, you cant tell the difference until you get a line into them. Plus the unit keeps turning off for no reason.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 08/02/17 02:05 PM

If you will trailer down here to Richland Chambers, I will teach you the settings and what they do, use, and how to interpret your echo returns.

I have run a number of individual classes this summer and the response has been great. A two hour class on your boat is $100. PM me with a phone number and I will give you a call to discuss options.

There are a couple of reasons for the shut off. The unit needs a strong consistent 12 volt supply. IF it isn't wired directly to the battery that can cause it to turn on when the voltage drops due to a decreased flow. If you boat has a battery cutoff switch, you can wire into it. Most likely, I recommend running wire directly to the battery and then putting an on/off toggle switch inline and on your console. This allows an absolute off in addition to the sonar off, to prevent you from accidentally draining the battery.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 08/02/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225
thank you for your help. rocks and brush piles look the same, you cant tell the difference until you get a line into them. Plus the unit keeps turning off for no reason.

what you need is clean power. Mine does that also. I ran a new fuse box back to the battery
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 08/03/17 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

what you need is clean power. Mine does that also. I ran a new fuse box back to the battery

I did this and it made a world of difference. All my electronics are on a separate fuse box from everything else.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Okie.

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 08/09/17 12:20 PM

Check and see if you have the 4.10 update. It has a fix for the turning off problem..

Re: Setting up a new Garmin 93sv ?? - 08/09/17 11:08 PM

I fixed the power off problem, lol it was dirty ring connectors on the battery leads, cleaned them up and now so far it has not powered off. thanks for all the responses.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum