Texas Fishing Forum

Help transferring waypoints

Posted By: Skeeterfella89

Help transferring waypoints - 07/28/17 02:03 AM

I am trying to download my old waypoints on an sd card to my new Lowrance HSD Gen 3 which takes a micro sd card. The guy at Lowrance didn't have a clue and the computer geeks said that it could not be done via a computer since the formatting was different. Any ideas on how to do this?
Posted By: UJC

Re: Help transferring waypoints - 07/28/17 03:42 AM

Not very clear what you're asking but with what is stated, I think all you need is an adapter card for a micro chip. Are you trying to go from a solid SD card to a micro chip card? Do you have two slots on the units? Are the old wpts Lowrance or HB or whatever? Telling us exactly what you have, where and how the wpts are stored, will let us help you better. Too much info is better than leaving it to our imagination.
Posted By: Skeeterfella89

Re: Help transferring waypoints - 07/28/17 12:09 PM

I have my old sd card from my Hummingbird. My old boat is in Kansas. My new Lowrance takes a micro sd card. I tried downloading it on my computer but it would not work. The computer experts say the format is different. Thanks
Posted By: UJC

Re: Help transferring waypoints - 07/28/17 04:00 PM

HB makes the steps a little more confusing or complicated but still it is relatively easy. Believe me, Lowrance knows how to do this but mentioning HB... well, they don't want to explain.

Assuming you have a computer/laptop or access to a PC, you will need PC Humminbird (it's a program) from their site. If you have your HB registered, then you can simply download it. If not, register and download PC Humminbird.

Load you wpts/trails from the HB card to PC Humminbird. Save file as .gpx either directly to the Lowrance SD card with the adapter onto the micro chip (it's in the adapter) or save directly to a file/folder on the computer (good backup) and then copy it to the SD card. Remove SD card from computer, remove micro chip from adapter, place in Lowrance unit and import the .gpx file.

It may sound complicated but it isn't. PM me your phone number/namem if you want me to talk you through it. I'm tired typing.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Help transferring waypoints - 07/28/17 04:10 PM

GPSBabel is a free program that can be used to convert HB .hwr files to the Lowrance .usr file format.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum