Texas Fishing Forum

Saving wpts

Posted By: TroyKing

Saving wpts - 07/16/17 02:52 AM

I have a helix 7 G2 and a Navionics map card, how can I save my waypoints if I were to sell this unit, can I install them on another unit.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 03:03 AM

put in an sd card that is 32 gb or smaller. go to waypoints page and select to export all

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel
put in an sd card that is 32 gb or smaller. go to waypoints page and select to export all
ok thanks...this will not remove them from the unit will it?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 03:40 AM

no........ this might help

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how...amp;FORM=VIREHT
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 05:20 AM

Download Humminbird pc. It's a free program. You can take the sd card and load your waypoints into the program and then edit the name, sort waypoints etc. Watch a youtube video on it to see what all you can do. It's an easy way to manage all your waypoints and declutter your fish finder if you save too many and only need them seasonally and such.

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 12:51 PM

Ok I'll look into it...I am the most computer dumb person there is.haha
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Did you register your unit to create an account that gives you current software and HumminbirdPC?
Posted By: Allan W

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 04:30 PM

Sorry, I was awarded that title a long time ago and continue to dominate the category....

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.

Did you register your unit to create an account that gives you current software and HumminbirdPC?
no I haven't ...I was thinking about selling it...would regestering it make a difference to the buyer.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.

no I haven't ...I was thinking about selling it...would regestering it make a difference to the buyer.

No, the other person can register it to get the software to have current software. It's for the owner of the unit, no matter how often that changes.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Saving wpts - 07/16/17 08:32 PM

If you haven't registered it and give the receipt with it, they might be able to register and use the warranty which might help you sell it. Humid told me that you must provide a receipt of purchase to have any warranty work done
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Saving wpts - 07/18/17 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
If you haven't registered it and give the receipt with it, they might be able to register and use the warranty which might help you sell it. Humid told me that you must provide a receipt of purchase to have any warranty work done

If it is like Lowrance, the original purchase receipt has to be from an authorized Humminbird dealer.

Re: Saving wpts - 07/18/17 11:59 AM

I have a electronic receipt from digital Oasis.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum