Texas Fishing Forum

Need new bunk boards. Advice on "slick pads" or the like.

Posted By: Lip Grip

Need new bunk boards. Advice on "slick pads" or the like. - 05/24/17 08:38 PM

It's that time. I need to replace bunk boards.

Tracker PT175 welded hull

I like the idea of the slick pads instead of carpet. I've found some that will work, but before I jump in I wanted to see what those that have them think.

Give me pros and cons, please.

GO!
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Need new bunk boards. Advice on "slick pads" or the like. - 05/24/17 09:02 PM

I went with the Ultimate bunk boards. Not cheap, but I'm planning on keeping my rig for a long time and I'll never have to recarpet. You can actually dry load your boat with them if you had to. Just be sure you don't unhook the winch strap until the trailer is in the water or you'll have a boat sitting in the middle of the ramp.
Posted By: Lip Grip

Re: Need new bunk boards. Advice on "slick pads" or the like. - 05/24/17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
I went with the Ultimate bunk boards. Not cheap, but I'm planning on keeping my rig for a long time and I'll never have to recarpet. You can actually dry load your boat with them if you had to. Just be sure you don't unhook the winch strap until the trailer is in the water or you'll have a boat sitting in the middle of the ramp.

Very nice! That's why I love this place, somebody has been there, done that. Many thanks, Bob!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum