Texas Fishing Forum

i-pilot hookup

Posted By: johnson

i-pilot hookup - 02/16/17 11:45 PM

just bought a new i pilot trolling motor have not opened it yet . I have a 897 hummingbird ,just wondering how does trolling motor and the hummingbird hook up . is there a cord or do they just link up somehow
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 12:02 AM

Only the I pilot link will network with the hummingbird. 897?....has to be an Ethernet capable unit. if it is a 898 the cable from the trolling motor Link unit will connect directly to the back of the unit. if you meant the 899 you will need an Ethernet adapter cable to hook the Ethernet cable to the unit.

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 12:38 AM

Sorry it is 898 c hd , so what needs to be done

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 12:58 AM

If its the I pilot link then it should come with about a 20' or 30' Ethernet cable and connect it straight the back of the 898

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 01:14 AM

It's not the link you put on your old trolling motor , it's a a new trolling motor with the built in I pilot

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 01:27 AM

correct, but which version the I Pilot which will not network with the Humminbird or the I Pilot Link version which would network with the Humminbird.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Product/i-Pilot-Link-BT/

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Product/i-Pilot-BT/

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 01:37 AM

I see there is a power cord and another cord that has 4 holes not sure what it is , didn't no if that is where I could add a foot control or is that where it runs to the hummingbird unit

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 01:42 AM

foot control connector
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 02:10 AM

There should be a DC power cable, an ethernet cable and a short cable which is where a foot control would attach.

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 02:33 AM

All I see is power cord and a foot control outlet unless the Ethernet connection is hind , this is the unit I got
MINN KOTA RIPTIDE ST 112 SALTWATER TROLLING MOTOR W/I-PILOT NO FOOT PEDAL - 36V-112LBS-60"
Posted By: javelin150

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 02:51 AM

Your model trolling motor will not link with the humminbird graph. You can buy hem in ipilot or ipilot link models. The ipilot link model is the one you need to buy. Your current motor will not link with your humminbird graph

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 02:53 AM

that unit will not network. It will say link along with I Pilot description. Does the 4 hole plug come out from the base then that is for the foot pedal

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 03:05 AM

Well [censored] so where it says with i pilot don't mean a thing

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 03:19 AM

It means you get all the I pilot features but as far as linking up to the Humminbird and being able to use the networking features it's not gonna happen.

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 03:25 AM

So it's basically a plan trolling motor with a hand held remote

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 03:37 AM

No,it has Spot lock, auto pilot, you can save some tracks to it and spot lock locations. It's the version that those who don't have Humminbird units usually have
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: i-pilot hookup - 02/17/17 09:53 PM

If it is new and unopened, carry it back if you want it with link. You are only getting extra storing of waypoints andtracks plus the "follow the contour" feature with the link version. It may or may not be worth the cost to you. Most people mainly use the spotlock feature, which yours includes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum