Texas Fishing Forum

Help with interference on HDS12

Posted By: DaneM83

Help with interference on HDS12 - 01/05/17 07:24 PM

I have a Skeeter Sx200 with a Motorguide Xi5 trolling motor and two HDS12 Gen3 units. I'm getting noticeable interference when running the trolling motor. The higher the speed of the trolling motor the clearer the picture but it's still has noticeable lines. The boat was bought new from Fun n Sun in Hurst and everything was installed by them. Lss-2 and 83/200 are mounted on the transom. No issues when idling on the big motor.

The trolling motor is on it's own battery. I typically have my battery switched to 1+2. As I am typing this I realize I haven't tested the unit running just bank one or bank 2 I've always got it switched on to both.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've death with this for some time but the more time I spend on the water the more aggravating this issue is becoming.

Thanks in advance.

The thicker lines are at low speeds. The finer lines are when the trolling motor is cranking full speed.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Help with interference on HDS12 - 01/05/17 08:01 PM

This may not work for you. I have a hummingbird mounted up front and an xi5. I used this product.

http://www.fishingspecialties.com

When I first hooked it up, I still had interference. I could take the rod out and move it around and find that it reduced the farther I went away from the trolling motor. I changed where I mounted it, and I now have it as far away from the motor as possible. It's about a 90% improvement. I tried ferrite rings. Dedicated power cables. I disconnected my battery charger. This was the only thing I found that helped. Good luck. I hate dealing with that stuff.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Help with interference on HDS12 - 01/06/17 12:39 AM

Seems that lowrance and the lss system don't like each other and there's been multiple threads on another fishing site about these 2 not working well together.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum