Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance down scan question

Posted By: johnnlucky

Lowrance down scan question - 12/21/16 04:32 AM

This question may have been answered before. Just can't find the answer. I have a Lowrance Elite -7 HDI. The down scan is not working. The screen is 95% black with a line of another color at the top. Would the High Definition Transducer be broken? My GPS works and the regular sonar works correctly. Anyone have a suggestion? My thoughts, power shortage or broken transducer??? I added a picture. It looks like a line around 15 feet but i could not see that. I think it is a shadow. Just the red / pink line at the top of graph.
Thank you for your help.

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/21/16 04:37 AM

I called Lowrance today. It was suggested that I save my waypoints and then do a hard restart or reset. And was given several options to send my unit in and get a new unit. But it would not include a new transducer. I the new units would be at a reduced cost. Has anyone done this? Lowrance Hook 9 for $275, TI for $325,HDS 7 gen 3 but i think i would need a different transducer. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. thank you, John
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/21/16 12:56 PM

I would try the reset first. Your HDI transducer would work with any of those graphs listed.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/21/16 02:24 PM

Try the factory reset 1st.

If you go with the upgrade keep in mind that it will be a re-manufactured unit, not brand new....
Posted By: BLeiva57

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/21/16 02:36 PM

Do the hard reset as instructed. If there's no change, it may be the transducer is the issue so upgrading the head unit only will not solve that problem. The HDI transducer sells for around $100.

Brian
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/21/16 06:24 PM

I may have an extra elite 7 hdi transducer you can have if you want it. Just pay me the shippingThe bracket broke on mine and I repalced it with a new one and the boat mechanic said to hold on to the old one as he saw you could change out the bracket so I really didnt need a new one. So I believe I still have it in the garage
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/22/16 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: snowyriver6
I may have an extra elite 7 hdi transducer you can have if you want it. Just pay me the shippingThe bracket broke on mine and I repalced it with a new one and the boat mechanic said to hold on to the old one as he saw you could change out the bracket so I really didnt need a new one. So I believe I still have it in the garage

There's a good man right there.

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 12/22/16 05:55 PM

Wow, that you for the advice. I really enjoy the great people I meet and (talk to ) on TFF. SnowyRiver6. I would take you up on the offer. I will PM you my address and pay for Shipping. ++ cash. I plan on doing the hard restart this weekend but might be tough with Christmas. I didn't know the unit offered would be re-conditioned. So great info there. Again thank you. JOhn

Re: Lowrance down scan question - 01/01/17 07:40 AM

Thank you everyone. I tested the new transducer with great results. Thank you. I owe you money and will be mailing you a check. This Transducer is very valuable. I sent a PM. Thank you Snowyriver6. But I will pay more than postage. thank you. Happy New year.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum