Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone install a Lowrance HDI transducer on Triton Transom?

Posted By: Bob Davis

Anyone install a Lowrance HDI transducer on Triton Transom? - 11/26/16 05:38 PM

I bought a Lowrance Hook 5 with the HDI downscan mid/high transducer. It looks like a skimmer transducer. I've mounted many shoot thru the hull like the X65 one I currently have. BUt I am thinking about mounting this on on the transom because it has a built in temperature sensor and because I think transom mount may give me a better signal.

So what I am wondering is, have any of you mounted them on the transom of a Triton TR-x series boats and if so Where on the transom have you gotten these to work well? Thanks.

HEre is the transducer :

Here are the instructions:

Here is my transom area:

Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Anyone install a Lowrance HDI transducer on Triton Transom? - 11/28/16 12:53 AM

Epoxy a mounting board to the transom. Google You Tube. Mount transducer mount to that instead of drilling more holes in transom. Good luck on mounting it.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Anyone install a Lowrance HDI transducer on Triton Transom? - 11/28/16 02:12 AM

I'd check with "shut up and fish"...he's on here...

Good luck and good fishin'
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Anyone install a Lowrance HDI transducer on Triton Transom? - 11/28/16 02:08 PM

I know this is for Humminbird but it will help you better understand transducer placement.
Video was produced from our friend Doug V.

Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Anyone install a Lowrance HDI transducer on Triton Transom? - 11/28/16 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

I know this is for Humminbird but it will help you better understand transducer placement.
Video was produced from our friend Doug V.

Thanks! Very cool.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum