Texas Fishing Forum

Sharing a Transducer(HB)

Posted By: Bob Landry

Sharing a Transducer(HB) - 10/15/16 06:35 PM

What is required for an 1199 to share a single transducer with a Helix unit?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Sharing a Transducer(HB) - 10/15/16 08:04 PM

First you would need a Helix 9, Helix 10, or Helix 12 of any version.

Then each would need an Ethernet adapter --- AS EC QDE.

Connect the two adapters with an Ethernet cable --- AS EC 20E is the 20' version.

From there you can not only share a transducer, but also sonar technologies that one has and the other doesn't (Cross sharing). You can also share GPS data and sensors plus any other Ethernet accessory like RADAR and 360.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Sharing a Transducer(HB) - 10/15/16 11:12 PM

I already have an 1199 and a 999 networked, one transducer on the trolling motor and one under the jack plate. I was just wondering about adding another unit to display SI and 2D at the same time. I could do that on the 1199 but the screen size would be cut in half for each one.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Sharing a Transducer(HB) - 10/15/16 11:55 PM

To have more than two Ethernet devices connected together takes the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet switch.

If you want to add one Helix to the two core units that would take an Ethernet cable between each unit and the switch.
That is an Ethernet cable and Ethernet adapter for each unit.
Still can share whatever function you want by selecting it in each unit's Ethernet menu. You would have two empty connections to add two more Ethernet devices.

You can have more devices than a total of 5, you can do that do by daisy chaining Ethernet switches.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum