Texas Fishing Forum

Another Battery Question#3

Posted By: V-Bottom

Another Battery Question#3 - 10/10/16 08:16 PM

I have a Merc.150 OptiMax (2011). It is said this engine requires at least 1000 cca or 1000mca. to start it. it's just the way these engines are made!!
I'm shopping around for a single battery replacement. I don't need/want a RED,BLUE,or YELLOW top battery. I'm sure the battery I have now is a Continental Brand which does start it. The DEKA Marine Master battery at Lowes in TC won't be available for p/u until 24OCT. That doesn't work for me. O'Reilly's has a battery (CAR) that may work for $150. The battery at Lowes is $100 but with my military discount..it would be $90 w/ exchange. I like that price range !!
So...What works for you if you have a Merc 150 Opti? Do you use a CAR battery or a hopped up BLUE TOP ?
Posted By: RANGER SKI

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/10/16 08:28 PM

interstate starting battery will meet your needs it is a 27 series

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/10/16 09:01 PM

Your right there Hoss. I called my bud at Firestone in G-town and they carry the Interstate "car" batteries which are not not in that CA dept. He mentioned Ron Hoover etc....some Interstate Battery Dealer wherever they are. Those heavy ones are for RV's and should work. Gotta shop around..thanx
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/10/16 09:44 PM

I get my batteries at Academy. They have the 1000cca marine starting batteries.
Posted By: HItec Redneck

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/10/16 10:27 PM

I picked up a 925 CCA battery for my 5th wheel at a local 18 wheeler parts store. They have a 18 month free replacement warranty and they cost a lot less than marine batteries. This one was $70 out the door.

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/11/16 02:09 AM

Appreciate the help here. I talked to Keith at Dockside Marine in Bayou Vista....they carry the Interstate battery that will work for me. Again thanx.......BTW: The only 1000 cca battery that Academy sells has way to many negative reviews, so I shied away from that buy.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/11/16 12:24 PM

Take a look at Batteries Plus Bulbs, I bought an AGM for my cranking battery. May cost you a bit more but with 48 month replacement I can live with the additional cost.

Re: Another Battery Question#3 - 10/11/16 06:45 PM

I got the Interstate this morning......
>*)////>(
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum